Country
United States

kenshinjeff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi there svanheulen, thanks for the tools. I have some problems understanding this, so let me see if I got this right: I run MHXQuest importer to dump my quest dlcs to .arc files.

1. Do I have to decrypt them before I can unpack them? If I do, I first need to run "NTR Debugger 2" on my 3ds so get_mhx_key.py would work?
2. If I don't want to edit the dumped arc files, how do I host the dlc by myself to share with other people? Does it work the same as .mib files?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there svanheulen, thanks for the tools. I have some problems understanding this, so let me see if I got this right: I run MHXQuest importer to dump my quest dlcs to .arc files.

1. Do I have to decrypt them before I can unpack them? If I do, I first need to run "NTR Debugger 2" on my 3ds so get_mhx_key.py would work?
2. If I don't want to edit the dumped arc files, how do I host the dlc by myself to share with other people? Does it work the same as .mib files?
1. No, the arc files that you export with this tool are unencrypted.
2. I don't quite understand what you're asking but if you share the arc files you dump, then other people can use this tool to import them into their save file.

kenshinjeff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ah sorry for being unclear, what should I do if I wanted to host my own dlc server, so my friends can download the dlcs from me?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah sorry for being unclear, what should I do if I wanted to host my own dlc server, so my friends can download the dlcs from me?
Short answer: Don't.
Long answer: You need to setup a proxy that supports CONNECT, which is inherently insecure unless you configure it exactly right. I made one for MH4U (but I never modified it for MHX) and of course it's not secure so, again, don't make it internet accessible: https://github.com/svanheulen/mhqs

Admiral_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds with mhx that has NTR CFW
I'm trying to export all the DLC quests so that I can get them on my computer and then proxy them to my friends that don't have NTR CFW
does mhqs work for mhx? And how do I actually get my n3ds to export the quests?
Also, if when I export them they are decrypted, how do I update the key myself in the mhef script so that I can encrypt them and download it through proxy?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds with mhx that has NTR CFW
I'm trying to export all the DLC quests so that I can get them on my computer and then proxy them to my friends that don't have NTR CFW
does mhqs work for mhx? And how do I actually get my n3ds to export the quests?
Also, if when I export them they are decrypted, how do I update the key myself in the mhef script so that I can encrypt them and download it through proxy?
You only need Homebrew Launcher to use the quest importer. So just export them on your system and import them on your friend's system.

Admiral_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks :D. I was able to export them and then put them on another system in the import folder but it said that it wasn't able to import due to extdata not being found. Any solutions?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks :D. I was able to export them and then put them on another system in the import folder but it said that it wasn't able to import due to extdata not being found. Any solutions?

The extdata gets created the first time you run the game. Did you start the game at least once before trying to import?

Admiral_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The extdata gets created the first time you run the game. Did you start the game at least once before trying to import?

Yeah, my friend didn't run it first since he was trying it on a rom before his actual game. Thanks a lot moghedien :).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1