ROM Hack [Release] Mario Kart 7 Save Editor

SubstituteCS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a side effect of .Net Packer. I try to keep files small as possible, so I pack them.
So you want to disassemble the Editor to know how I did the CRC Check ? Well, that's not a secret.

First read all bytes from 0x00 to 0x50CF.
Then compute the CRC32 of this Byte Array.
Reverse the found CRC32 and write those 4 bytes to 0x50D0 to 0x50D3.

See, not a mystic. :)

I am too shy to ask for help, so I figured out how to do this in C# by my own. You could have asked me or read some C# informations like I did. it's like ...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime
Hey thanks! Never realized you posted this! I wanted to work on a save editor a while ago that had some features yours didn't but I never quite saw how the checksum was calculated.

Trophies
Country
Canada
uh oh, thanks for feedback. I have tested with my own and my niece's save and Mii was fine. I will investigate what happened...
This might be an old thread, but I have experienced this issue too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This might be an old thread, but I have experienced this issue too.
Also when changing the name of the Mii, it goes to a Mii I have not created and the name I want is always saying "Player" without the "" on the game cartridge and digital copy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It says it isn't compatible w/ my PC. I'm using Windows 10. Any ideas?
Works fine on my Windows 10 version 1511 PC

Reactions: Aether Lion

TheHeroJay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help, it says, "MK7_SGE.exe will only be compressed only after closing the application using it. Modifications will be lost if you close WinRAR before that." What do I do? :mellow:

Mister_Keevs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help, it says, "MK7_SGE.exe will only be compressed only after closing the application using it. Modifications will be lost if you close WinRAR before that." What do I do? :mellow:
Extract it from the RAR before you use the .exe

Kind of a rule for any .exe that comes in .ZIP or .RAR

zedzed1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, Im new is this business, but im trying almost for 24 hours to get mario working with all characters. But it dont get it work i have a new 3ds with latest firmware with sky3ds+. If i trie this program it says data is corrupt if i start mario kart 7. I dont have any home brew, Is this needed and is it possible with to install homebrew on sky3ds?

Can someone help me with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT