Hacking [Release] lesshax - CFW Optimized 9.2 Payload

D

Deleted User

I dislike the lack of colour on the bottom, it's a cool thing that I find fun because it's "OMGZ LOOK I HAX0RED MY 3DS".
But it does work. 9.2 O3DS, CtrBootManager (I changed less.3dsx to ctrb.3dsx). First boot wasn't sucessful, 2nd froze on black screen on bottom, and 3rd worked :P

Reactions: zezzo

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same as for my other post, just tried it (this time on my 9.0 EUR N3DS, not on my 9.2 EUR O3DS) and it worked first time. So I still can't tell if it's really better than the normal payload, but it probably is, considering my N3DS did have bootrate issues (unlike my O3DS which was already near 100%).
Thanks for this work and for releasing 9.0 so fast :D

Reactions: peteruk

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before when i was using the original menuhax payload on 9.2 o3ds rxtools would load fine but now with this one rxtools tools never loads at all. It just goes to black.

EDIT

Payload name is ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds, boot manager file name was changed to less.3dsx and using USA region 3ds

Last edited by zbw2000,

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well @gameking66 here is my final result as of using your lesshax!

My regular boot method through 2.5 hax -> 30.87 seconds

My regular boot method through your lesshax -> 29.34 seconds

So you are saving me a grand total of 1.5 seconds! But in all seriousness nice job, and it is an actual improvement technically! :P

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Solved the JPN O3DS problem.

It seems I needed to rename the ropbinpayload. The file provided on the website is named ropbinpayload_menuhax_JPN12288_old3ds.bin, which didn't work. Renaming this to ropbinpayload_menuhax_JPN15360_old3ds.bin resulted in it booting fine.

This is running 9.2.0.20J SysNAND.

Reactions: Deleted User

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solved the JPN O3DS problem.

It seems I needed to rename the ropbinpayload. The file provided on the website is named ropbinpayload_menuhax_JPN12288_old3ds.bin, which didn't work. Renaming this to ropbinpayload_menuhax_JPN15360_old3ds.bin resulted in it booting fine.

This is running 9.2.0.20J SysNAND.
Thank you for the report. I haven't slept in a while so I made a mistake. Gonna fix that up on the site in the next few minutes. Cheers!

Before when i was using the original menuhax payload on 9.2 o3ds rxtools would load fine but now with this one rxtools tools never loads at all. It just goes to black.

EDIT

Payload name is ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds, boot manager file name was changed to less.3dsx and using USA region 3ds
Thanks for the updated info. What version of rxtools are you using? How big is your SD card (bigger ones take significantly longer to load).

Last edited by gameking66,

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this seems like a great tool!

My current setup involves booting into CtrBootManager via OOThax (sysNAND 9.2). Since I'm not using menuhax, all I need to do is drop this .bin into the root of my SD card, and rename my boot.cfg to less.cfg(?). Bit confused on the "Rename your boot manager accordingly!" part of the instructions.

See attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 1.19.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 1.19.12 PM.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 321

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ooh, thanks for this! I'm getting noticeably faster and much more reliable boots with this compared to my old CtrBootManager setup :lol:
I'm booting my N3DS from a 9.0.0-20U sysNAND to a 10.5.0-30U rxTools emuNAND, and it's taking 23 seconds to boot. No failures so far!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just like not having the debug output and weird flashing colours. Looks much more professional and polished now. Now to work out how to get rid of the rxTools splashscreen.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I'll may use this someday. Not that interest in my case, but bookmarked. Or shall I say bootmarked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty +1