Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,834,807
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Ente

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I tried to back up my cartridge (Gateway) and I got this error message:
"Cart ID:0004000000132800
Cart Title: Mario & Luigi: Paper&
Opening Save Arch ... Uh oh."

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ Are there plans for multi-select, similar to how CTRXplorer allows you to select multiple files with L? It would make full backups much easier while also improving general usage.

Reactions: klear

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
if you have a time, could you import utf8 font library to your homebrew? most of the japanese that w/o english title games can not show up on the menu correctly. because the font not compatible with japanese characters.

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ Are there plans for multi-select, similar to how CTRXplorer allows you to select multiple files with L? It would make full backups much easier while also improving general usage.
Maybe at some point. Right now, I'm cleaning and commenting for source release. I also might change the name afterwards. If anyone helps add and fix stuff, having my name in the title will make me feel like a huge dick.

Reactions: klear and Sachi

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a save manager you can install as a CIA. This means no more booting into the homebrew menu and rebooting to import and export saves.

Testing has shown that it doesn't appear to have any problems with any titles. Thanks to @Gocario, it will automatically delete any secure values.
It can also export and import ExtData IF the title uses it.

I've made it as simple as I can, while keeping the slot feature from my old save manager. I do want to add alphabetical sorting sometime.
When you select backup or restore, you will have to select or create a new slot. If you don't like the input screen, you can create the directories yourself inside the game's export folder.

Save Data is exported to SD:/Saves/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
ExtData is exported to SD:/ExtData/[Title]/[Slot Dir]

Tell me if you have any issues. I've tried my best to get everything 100%, but I'm not perfect.

Your game must be started at least once for this to work. If you get a message saying "Couldn't open SaveArch!", it is probably because you haven't started the game and allowed to format and create it.

The banner and icon were made by @Sgt. Lulz.

A big thanks to @Shadowfied, @Phanton, @Sgt. Lulz, and @A_Random_Guy for risking their saves and testing.

3dsx????????????????????/

Housey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3dsx????????????????????/
to have a 3dsx kind of defeats the purpose of this save manager completely because 3dsx needs to be launched like a title (hence the title selector in the homebrew launcher before you launch svdt and related save managers).

Just use svdt if you can't install a cia on your console.

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to have a 3dsx kind of defeats the purpose of this save manager completely because 3dsx needs to be launched like a title (hence the title selector in the homebrew launcher before you launch svdt and related save managers).

Just use svdt if you can't install a cia on your console.

just hacked recently, new, but i do a TON of developer coding crud! including apple watch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-