Hacking [RELEASE] IMCUnlock v3 - Permanently enable/manage internal ux0 storage.

swit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
3.68 with 1GB Default, from IMC, has the least amount of Risk..............its not that difficult to undo the mod, what I'll probably do is.................run some checks with the comp. packs and "REFOOD" plugin, the use IMC ............... i think this is a important app, because again, th3, (power issues from the USB stick, and the power issues from using both the memory card and the sd2vita, is what concerns me. (someone can argue the power bar is goodenough but i think this is an issue that needs 'IMCunlock to fix"!)
I'm using psvsd, sd2vita and vita memory (3 different memory sticks) all at the same time on Vita 1000 (3.65 enso) and I didn't notice any issues. Could you please explain what do you mean by "power issues"? Or even better just link to a place where you read about them since your posts tend to be confusing.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
so what I can tell is, this just enables upto 2.5gb storage? so its probably not useful if you have a sdcard / memory card installed? what are the benefits if you already use a 64gb sd2vita solution and a memory card installed aswell ( I use mine for psp/psx games)

Reactions: yuyuyup

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using psvsd, sd2vita and vita memory (3 different memory sticks) all at the same time on Vita 1000 (3.65 enso) and I didn't notice any issues. Could you please explain what do you mean by "power issues"? Or even better just link to a place where you read about them since your posts tend to be confusing.

I no longer use Official 3.68 Firmware with H-encore Hack run from the Official Memory, IMCunlock fixed those issue, I also now use "Gamesd1.2" not 1.3 or 1.4, for the sd2vita adapter with micro sd:

3.68 I just use "Gamesd1.2" now, with "IMCunlock"
Gamesd1.3 - Added appmgr patch to allow memory card remount
Gamesd1.4 Fix sporadic wakeup issue
https://github.com/xyzz/gamecard-microsd/releases

On Firmware 3.68 specifically with h-encore, you have to CLICK UNLOCK, bubble. The above fixes will ensure the window closes automatically after selecting the option to run h-encore from that UNLOCK bubble. The window will not close automatically without shrinking/enlarging the window with the PS button, with "Gamesd1.2" (those higher versions, 1.3/1.4, ended up addressing h-encore only).

This issue with "Gamesd 1.2" is not present on lower firmwares, which was adjust for fimrware 3.68 after "Gamesd 1.2" was fixed for 3.68 firmware...............this software "Gamesd 1.2" is not the problem, its a combination of things, tied to the requirement of an "official memory card for the hack in order to use the sd2vita".

now at present, the problem is resolved with IMCunlock, and other issues, power related, vita games closing with errors unexpectedly or restarts of the vita, associated with 3.68 h-encore run from the "official memory card" .................. I don't have this specific combination, but I don't believe the problem was isolated to the "gamesd" plugin, versus the "storagemanager" plugin, that came into existence around the jump in versions from "gamesd 1.2 .... to 1.3 then 1.4" .................... but I can't verify that, I can only say since using IMCunlock and specifically going back to version "gamesd1.2" for sd2vita adaptor, the problems and power issues are fixed, thanks to IMCunlock!

(that official memory card usage specifically, was the problem, the rest of this stuff is only evidence of the issues on 3.68 firmware only with all these problems because of that ......................... the flow as talked about a firmware downgrader, its not difficult to uninstall IMCunlock, but before, and if that happens, its urgency to use IMCunlock, and remove the risk of a damaged vita)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The above fixes will ensure the window closes automatically after selecting the option to run h-encore from that UNLOCK bubble.
No they don't? If they did, they would say they did. Those updates fixed problems people had even back on 3.60.
tied to the requirement of an "official memory card for the hack in order to use the sd2vita".
It's not though? If there's no power issues when you use a normal game cart and a memcard, why would they be there with an SD2Vita (which acts as the save memory on a game cart) and a memcard?
the problem is resolved with IMCunlock, and other issues, power related, vita games closing with errors unexpectedly or restarts of the vita, associated with 3.68 h-encore run from the "official memory card"
It's not though? There is literally no reason they would happen.
(that official memory card usage specifically, was the problem, the rest of this stuff is only evidence of the issues on 3.68 firmware only with all these problems because of that
Again, there is no reason for why this would happen.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not though? If there's no power issues when you use a normal game cart and a memcard, why would they be there with an SD2Vita (which acts as the save memory on a game cart) and a memcard?

(3.68 Official Firmware ... the "hack", h-encore or whatever. Is using an "interrupt"/injection to run, by bumping itself into a already running process ... kind of like some viruses behave .................. would need a diagnostic kit to examine the physical board to see if power is physically being interrupted also, like a partial soft reset, and this isn't just limited to the memory processes)

(sony was very strict about, the official memory card, and that designed several fail safes to ensure your gaming session would discontinue if the official memory card was not seated already before into the unit at startup, or it would sign you out or etc during play)

(it seems like a security feature may be at the bottom of this, and IMCunlock, fixed that issue, by not requiring the official memory card) (its not a problem a, non-technicial, would be able to properly identify ................. however .................... the only way to fix those issues is to stop using the official memory card altogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

D

Deleted User

I suggest you to add ability to manually specify partition sizes and layouts.

feisters

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just used the 1gb option with success. I noticed in vitashell that my ur0 partition still has a size of 2.55gb, is it normal that it's not reading the proper size?
The option I chose was supposed to resize ur0 to 1.5gb

edit: decided to apply imcunlock lite instead for emergency backup in case both sd2vita and vita memory card fail. The partition size is still a thing though, pd0 in vitashell still shows 303mb.

Last edited by feisters,

Pineapples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...I just tried the same restore and I'm pretty sure it bricked my Vita.
Bump. What happened?...did u manage to sort it or did it permabrick? I have enso using Sd2Vita and wanna IMCUnlock so I dont have to worry if my Vita Memory card dies, but reading this tread had kinda put me off!?

Pineapples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like it may brick only when you downgrade.
Erm I have today downgraded from 3.68 to 3.60 and installed Enzo, running SD2Vita as ux0 - so am I at risk? Or are you saying it becomes a risk if you downgrade after you have IMCUnlocked?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the partitions have been changed by IMCUnlocked, it may cause the downgrading to brick the system. IMCUnlock itself does not directly cause bricks.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fwiw, I downgraded from 3.68 to 3.60 on a phat vita with a 300mb internal memcard and my console was totally safe. (yes, I had the imc installed while downgrading)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo