Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@Chelsea_Fantasy, I was thinking about another feature you could add, but given it's not really useful, I'd understand if it doesn't come anytime soon (even never).

Since you said bought themes aren't deleted when accessing the eShop, even when they were replaced by your tool,I was thinking we could maybe have an option that would allow us to put our themes exactly on themes we own (since the theme shop sometimes gives free themes, I guess some people have at least one or two themes).

I guess that the easiest way to do this is to let people align their themes exactly according to your list by adding useless themes for padding, as follows. The only thing we would need here is the ability to add the same theme several times (so we can put the blank theme each time we need padding), and maybe some line numbering on the left so we know where we put our themes.
Code:
01-Theme 1 on a theme I own
02-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
03-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
04-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
05-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
06-Theme 2 on a theme I own
07-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
08-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
09-Blank theme on a theme I do not own
10-Theme 3 on a theme I own
11-etc
And maybe something even smarter but that one is the thing you'll want to implement least I guess, which would allow us to specify directly in the "Themes to pack" list (the bottom one) how many times we want this theme to be here. So basically, instead of putting the blank theme 3 times, I put the blank theme once and say "3 times please", so the final thing looks as follows.
Code:
01-Theme 1 on a theme I own
02-Blank theme on a theme I do not own X4
06-Theme 2 on a theme I own
07-Blank theme on a theme I do not own X3
10-Theme 3 on a theme I own
11-etc
Or actually, I don't even need the blank theme anymore here. I can just put the first theme 5 times and the second one 4 times. But still, that requires the ability to put several times the same theme and line numbering helps.

And yeah, I guess there are more complicated ways to allow users to do it it but I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle.
That can be done, but requieres a lot of work because it's region specific.
If you wanna do it for yourself, PM me and I will give you a step by step tutorial and all the files you need, but you will have to do it manually.

@Chelsea_Fantasy
Gateway answered me xD
Good to know, anyway, here's the changelog and release information for the next GW release:
-Cheat code bugfix
We still working on SYSNAND 10.3 support
Warning: He have noticed a big bug on the New3DS system and any user with the name "Asia81" will be in a big risk. We recommend you to use any other username and the LEGIT GW Launcher and LEGIT GW Flashcart. You have been warned @Asia81

ok, i set up XP in a vm, the app runs but actually crashes at creating the icons.
does this not work on XP or should i really try installing .net, you said it might help - just wondering if you are sure about that? :)
thanks for all the hard work, and the help :)
Please install .net framework. Icon2Bmp seems to need it in WinXP.
If you gonna set up a WinXP VM, install FW2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.

When I install only one theme is installed and the others don't appear
1-Do not use FBI to install themes
2-Before install a new package, delete the old one
Be sure to check this post by @redunka if you have any other problems:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...d-official-themes.401081/page-11#post-5976354

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,
Reactions: cearp

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
That can be done, but requieres a lot of work because it's region specific.
If you wanna do it for yourself, PM me and I will give you a step by step tutorial and all the files you need, but you will have to do it manually.

Good to know, anyway, here's the changelog and release information for the next GW release:
-Cheat code bugfix
We still working in SYSNAND 10.3 support
Warning: He have noticed a big bug in the New3DS system and any user with the name Asia81 will be in a big risk. We recommend you to use any other username and the LEGIT GW Launcher and LEGIT GW Flashcart. You have been warned @Asia81

Please install .net framework. Icon2Bmp seems to need it in WinXP.
If you gonna set up a WinXP VM, install FW2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.

1-Do not use FBI to install themes
2-Before install a new package, delete the old one
Be sure to check this post by @redunka if you have any other problems:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...d-official-themes.401081/page-11#post-5976354
Even if I don't use FBI only one package is installed

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to work fine for me on my Mac if I use homebrew to install xquartz and wine:

Code:
brew update
brew cask install xquartz
brew install wine

I haven't tested the resulting CIA file yet, however. The interface is easy enough to use, it would be even easier with drag and drop file support instead of requiring a specific folder format. When you release the source I'd be interested in taking a look :).

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

isn't there any workaround to get it on a gw emunand to work? I found a old cia theme megapack i had from somewhere, BigBlueMenu had no problems on installing it.
Like expected after reading some posts here, the cia created by the Tool throw a exception around 3%. Since the other cia was also repacked from someone.. there should be a way or not?

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hey,

isn't there any workaround to get it on a gw emunand to work? I found a old cia theme megapack i had from somewhere, BigBlueMenu had no problems on installing it.
Like expected after reading some posts here, the cia created by the Tool throw a exception around 3%. Since the other cia was also repacked from someone.. there should be a way or not?
the theme you found was an official one, not a custom one

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tested the resulting CIA file yet, however.
The Mac/Wine generated CIA installed just fine and the themes work perfectly, but none of the icons show up in the theme selection (they just look black with a white line through them). Mildly annoying but something I can live with, probably a Wine-related bug. Thanks once again for creating this tool :).

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
soo the themes need to be signed not the cia?
Or ask better, is there a fast way to check if a cia is signed?
To be more specific, if NCSD (either CIA or CCI) has partition with non executable content (CFA),
that partition has to be properly signed for using with Gateway, unlike CXI partition.
All CIA's with custom content (romhacks or custom themes) have broken signature.
CIA's that have been generated from clean CDN content all signed by Nintendo, so there'no problem with them.

Reactions: DarkIrata

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
To be more specific, if NCSD (either CIA or CCI) has partition with non executable content (CFA),
that partition has to be properly signed for using with Gateway, unlike CXI partition.
All CIA's with custom content (romhacks or custom themes) have broken signature.
CIA's that have been generated from clean CDN content all signed by Nintendo, so there'no problem with them.
ahh got it, thank you! :)

Reactions: redunka

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have a problem
I installed the cia package with BBM. Beforehand, I had quite few themes I purchased myself. After installing, my paid themes are gone and replaced by themes from the cia.
Then I go to theme shop to recover my themes (maybe). It gave me error 009-4998. When I got back to the theme management, all the themes are gone.
I still can install the cia again to bring back the packaged themes, but is this mean I got banned? :cry:(still can access eshop afterward)
Anyone has similar problem? Can I get my premium themes back?
Also, after I leave the eShop, my custom themes are de-applied to basic theme

Last edited by misterdarvus,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have a problem
I installed the cia package with BBM. Beforehand, I had quite few themes I purchased myself. After installing, my paid themes are gone and replaced by themes from the cia.
Then I go to theme shop to recover my themes (maybe). It gave me error 009-4998. When I got back to the theme management, all the themes are gone.
I still can install the cia again to bring back the packaged themes, but is this mean I got banned? :cry:(still can access eshop afterward)
Anyone has similar problem? Can I get my premium themes back?
Also, after I leave the eShop, my custom themes are de-applied to basic theme
Always delete pack with custom themes before opening theme shop.
Custom pack has higher version number than official pack, so it will give an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share