OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Take the ModMii "ThemeMii" Challenge!

Hey everyone! Did you know ModMii Skin has a theme selector? You can swap in your own images with the same properties and have your own customized looking version of ModMii!

You can find zips of all of ModMii Skin's available themes here.

**Take the challenge!** Make your own ModMii themes and share them! You can even add your own custom mp3's replacing Fail.mp3 and Success.mp3 to make it even more your own! I want to see what you guys can come up with!

Here's a zipped example, just replace the contents with your own, but make sure the dimensions, filenames\formats are all the same as the originals. Here's the same example unzipped.

To test it, save it where ModMii is saved: \Support\Skins\<your-theme-name>\<zip contents>
*the <your-theme-name> folder should NOT contain spaces*

So it should look like:
  • ModMii\Support\Skins\YourThemeName\CLASSIC.bmp
  • ModMii\Support\Skins\YourThemeName\Success.mp3
  • etc.
Then start ModMii Skin, choose Options, then Change ModMii Skin Theme, and you can select your theme.

When you're happy with the results, zip it just like the example and share it with me and **every theme that is submitted (as long as not inappropriate or 99% redundant with an existing theme) will find it's way into ModMii's official theme selector option\menu!**

If you're looking for inspiration check out some ModMii artwork from the links below:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-modmii-icon-logo-candidates.296772/
https://mega.nz/folder/FkxghQzR#crfqRdQlxBveVpWd3RCDtQ
https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/tree/master/temp/Skins

Who's going to make me a Star Wars \ XFlak theme? Or an Easter theme or an XMAS theme? Sky's the limit, there are no bad ideas!

Good luck and have fun with it!

P.S. I may have forgotten to mention it, but if you include a skin.ico in your theme\zip, it will get used by ModMii. All icons need to be some kind of "ModMii" icon, it can be unofficial, but can't change the name of the app.

Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
AuroraNemoia is officially the first to take on the challenge! This was shared in the ModMii discord channel, and it looks promising!

1.png

2.png

Last edited by XFlak,

AuroraNemoia

Trophies
Website
k2vr.tech
XP
Country
Canada
1649118962893.png

Here's my entry, I went for a minimalist approach and essentially scrapped the old MM logo (sorry, it wasn't bad, just didn't fit my design) I named it after the soundpack I created a while back for various projects, and also because I felt the name fit the space-y glowy aesthetic. It might be a little rough around the edges, some spots, like the terms and conditions page, have weird shading on some parts, but I thought it looked better like that.

There's more info in the readme.

Screenshots:
1649119166071.png

1649119186033.png

1649119218200.png

1649119231972.png

Attachments

• Nebula_ModMii.zip
    221.5 KB · Views: 58

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This seems like an appropriate place to ask, but would anyone like to make me a slightly modified version of the ModMii icon specifically for ModMii Skin? It would be nice to be able to distinguish between versions.

For example I really like the ModMii White Icon, but it looks horrible on a the white background of a file explorer window. Maybe if it had an outline plus another small tweak, kind of like how the ModMii Installer Icon has the small addition of the blue arrow. I've attached these images but there's more to be found here (WiiShizzza subfolder also contains currently used icon images):
https://mega.nz/folder/FkxghQzR#crfqRdQlxBveVpWd3RCDtQ

ModMiiIcon.png
modmiiinstaller.png

edit:
Hmmm, I wonder if I should open it up to a new icon entirely, this update is big enough it might deserve a bit of a refresh. If I do that though then I'd want 3 icons following a theme like I do today (ModMii, ModMii Installer + now ModMii Skin), heck I could use a forth, when @Peter0x44 finishes his new ModMii Skin update I think I'll just call it ModMii Gui, and leave ModMii Classic and ModMii Skin as separate options. I'm liking this idea more already, but it would have to top the current icons, otherwise I'd prefer to keep them with small tweaks, like a dark outline for the white icon, and a light icon for the black icon (I just remembered how not to great it looks on my taskbar, it could use an outline or something too, the screenshot I attached doesn't due a good job of illustrating the issue though).

So to recap, I'm considering an entirely new suite of ModMii icons, I would want 4 that follow a similar theme (Classic, Skin, Installer, GUI)

But I would probably select the winner that just makes the tweaks I mentioned above, lol, and also create another icon of similar theme to the current for the GUI.
Sorry I guess I started typing before figuring out what it is I really wanted, lol

1649188895612.png

Winner gets the only thing I have to offer, a glowing review in the ModMii changelog and a spot in the credits
1649188942666.png

1649188949624.png

Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@everyone, I was going to save this for a surprise for the next update, but I'm going to let the cat out of the bag to hopefully get more people motivated to work on some themes.

**Every theme that is submitted (as long as not inappropriate or 99% redundant with an existing theme) will find it's way into ModMii... via an theme selector option\menu!**

That's right you heard me correctly! Every single worthy theme that is submitted will become available to all in ModMii Skin's options, so don't get discouraged, you don't need to beat @AuroraNemoia#2094's Nebula theme to be a winner! She set the bar extremely high, but it's not that kind of competition anymore, so show us what you got!

Who's going to make me a Star Wars \ XFlak theme? Or an Easter theme or an XMAS theme? Sky's the limit, there are no bad ideas!

Good luck and have fun with it!

P.S. I may have forgotten to mention it, but if you include a Success.mp3 or Fail.mp3 or icon.ico in your theme\zip, it will get used by ModMii. All icons need to be some kind of "ModMii" icon, it can be unofficial, but can't change the name of the app.

Reactions: Alexander1970

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@everyone the next BIG modmii update is probably gonna be released in a matter of weeks (possibly sooner but I don't want to over-promise)!

All the themes submitted so far will be available to everyone on launch, check them out here: https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/tree/master/temp/Skins

There's still time to get new themes in so that there's more of a selection on day 1! So if you were interested but got distracted and forgot, consider this your reminder!

And if you miss the launch date it's fine, I can add new themes at any time!

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol