Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
n3DS_XL here
Backup size with Decrypt9 -> 1.979.711.488 bytes (like Toshiba NAND)
Backup size with Hourglass9 -> 1.300.234.240 bytes (like Samsung NAND)
This is ok?

Yup, it is okay. Hourglass9 always uses the minimum size to allow for saving space.

Gonna quote this again, as i had the same and looked it up first before asking ;)
I bet others will have the same question, so it doesn't hurt to have it quoted again ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What directory do I need to put the NAND backup in to restore it?
I have both a .bin and .sha backup that I got from the arm9loaderhax guide.

Edit:
Nevermind, just found out they should be in the root directory.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, sorry for the noob question but can I restore/downgrade with a SysNAND backup of 9.2.0-20E without A9LH and still retain A9LH?
After Plailect Guide?

Have a n3DSXL on A9LH 11.0.0-33E
Just to be sure that it can be done with any backup from the same console, :)

Bumping this, sorry...

Last edited by cravas,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everyone, we've got a new HourGlass9 release. This is new:
  • Added game cartridge dumping features (for 3DS, NDS and DSi cartridges)
  • New, sleek standard font - thanks @Dark_Samus for the dicovery and initial testing
  • Revised work directory handling - SD://files9 is now the standard work directory
  • Support file slot0x05keyY.bin is no more required on A9LH v2
As always, have fun, andbe sure to report any bugs!

kafiltafish1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this...)

I was using the cartridge dumping feature with a DS cartridge for Dragon Quest IX, and ended up accidentally selecting "Dump Cart to CIA". I got the error message saying NTR/TWL carts can't be dumped to CIA, but after rebooting the console, the DS game will not boot. Instead, all that appears is a white screen. I can use the home or power buttons to get out of that, but I can't seem to launch the game. I confirmed that other carts do work, so I do not know if I somehow broke the cart. Apologies for the long post or if I'm missing something obvious.

EDIT: If I dump the cartridge to a .nds file and run it on an emulator on a computer, it appears to work just fine.

Last edited by kafiltafish1,

Arenot2be

Trophies
XP
Country
France
(Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this...)

I was using the cartridge dumping feature with a DS cartridge for Dragon Quest IX, and ended up accidentally selecting "Dump Cart to CIA". I got the error message saying NTR/TWL carts can't be dumped to CIA, but after rebooting the console, the DS game will not boot. Instead, all that appears is a white screen. I can use the home or power buttons to get out of that, but I can't seem to launch the game. I confirmed that other carts do work, so I do not know if I somehow broke the cart. Apologies for the long post or if I'm missing something obvious.

EDIT: If I dump the cartridge to a .nds file and run it on an emulator on a computer, it appears to work just fine.

Dragon Quest IX needs to be patched for some linker

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i hope you'd give hg9 xorpad generating function, the only reason i'm still using d9. i feel safer using hg9 (avoiding sysnand tools isn't that hard, but you never know).

Last edited by honyo29,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, HG9 had a new release. This is new:
  • CARD2 save area is now wiped on cartridge dumps (only affects full dumps or CARD2 games)
  • Introduced color in more places in menu / console
  • POWER and HOME buttons are now functional
  • New choosable (at build time) font thanks to @Ennea
For concenience, a build including the new font is included in this release. To build with the new font yourself, use FONT=GB.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i hope you'd give hg9 xorpad generating function, the only reason i'm still using d9. i feel safer using hg9 (avoiding sysnand tools isn't that hard, but you never know).
Also, rather unlikely. XORpads are considered a legacy feature and no more as useful as there were a few momnths ago.

0scar64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • CARD2 save area is now wiped on cartridge dumps (only affects full dumps or CARD2 games)
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I assume this means the output file (cia etc) will have its saved area wiped and not the physical cartridge? Also is the physical cartridge altered at all?

Thanks for the awesome software :)

Last edited by 0scar64,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I assume this means the output file (cia etc) will have its saved area wiped and not the physical cartridge? Also is the physical cartridge altered at all?

Thanks for the awesome software :)
Of course the cartridge is untouched :). And CIAs don't even have that save area, CIAs store everything on SD.

Here's a new release. This one will fulfill some user wishes, this is new:
  • Code rebased on D9WIP code
  • SD installed content -> CIA converter taken over from D9WIP
  • GBA VC save dumper / injector taken over from D9WIP
  • NCCH padgen taken over from D9WIP
  • System info feature taken over from D9WIP
Have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying