Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

GoodCookie88

rekt em skrubs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~fyi : i know a bunch of people want a button in their hbmenu to toggle wifi. this can be done with nwm::EXT. *hax 2.1 doesn't have that but 2.5 will. so you should be able to add support for that if you want.
(same is true for gsp::Lcd if that's in any way useful to you)
lol u legit bro? Could you answer one question I have?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hax 2.5 lets you do pretty much everything 9.2 users claim to want. @smealum could you explain? thx xD

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-20_22-7-4.png
    upload_2015-10-20_22-7-4.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 227

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys,

Beta 47 is uploaded and incorporates the following bugfixes which I have committed to GH:
  • Icons on the settings now draw correctly when toggling the third row
  • Folders and themes grids now show a tick on the currently selected item, and prevent re-selection of the currently selected item
  • Strange text appearing in the 'author' position when selecting some settings or help items has been fixed
  • The colour preview on colour mixer screens is now right justified to prevent it overlapping the text
Awesome... Great work fixing those annoying issues! Thank you! :yay:

But now, I've noticed another minor bugs (I apologize with you in advance to be somewhat fussy or insistent with that):

- Each time HBL is opened/loaded, "D-Pad corner icons" options is always activated, no matters what.
- In "Folder selection" and "Theme selection" screens (when above mentioned option is on), after selecting the help corner button/screen with D-Pad and back, cursor just dissapears until any DOWN or UP D-pad buttons is pressed again.

Then, some problems still remain because the "D-Pad corner icons" option :lol:. Thanks and sorry again!

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

ArctendoTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing and using some *Hax (I mean NinjHax, IronHax, OoT3DHax, BrowserHax, ThemeHax) according to your possibilities!
what is OoT3dhax? and what if i have updated to ver 10.2.0-28 u? how can i get theme hax? and sorry for wasting so much time, i just have a lot of questions.

Last edited by ArctendoTV,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what is OoT3dhax? and what if i have updated to ver 10.2.0-27 u? how can i get theme hax? and sorry for wasting so much time, i just have a lot of questions.
- OoT3DHax: Is an exploit loaded through Zelda Oracle of Time 3D (aka OoT3D) game.

And... Oh, oh... Wait!... You are on latest version! Sorry!
Actually, your unique option is install/use NinjHax (exploit on Cubic Ninja,aka CN, game), and you need a CN cartridge or Sky3DS cartridge.

ArctendoTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- OoT3DHax: Is an exploit loaded through Zelda Oracle of Time 3D (aka OoT3D) game.

And... Oh, oh... Wait!... You are on latest version! Sorry!
Actually, your unique option is install/use NinjHax (exploit on Cubic Ninja,aka CN, game), and you need a CN cartridge or Sky3DS cartridge.
sky3ds?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@mashers I've noticed that when I apply some themes they are not getting saved for some reason. Once I reset the homebrew launcher I get back to the theme I had before the change. It's seems to happen with 2 of my themes and one have's a really small name so I don't think that's the problem. The settings are being saved properly, it's only with themes I'm having trouble. I have tried deleting the hbl.cfg and the other files but I still can't get it to work :unsure:

Edit:If I manually add the themes name to the hbl.cfg on my pc they work. But the problem still happens trying to change to the other theme I have trouble with. It seems to not be renaming currentTheme= the name of the themes that are giving me this problems are "MM Theme" and "JJTapia19's Donkey Kong Theme V2" maybe you'll be able to reproduce the problem by naming two of your themes like those two.

Edit 2:After manually changing the currentTheme= in the hbl.cfg with to add my themes name I've noticed that it suddenly stoped saving any of the settings too. Deleting the hbl.cfg seems to temporarily fix the problem but after changing to any of those two themes they are not getting saved again. it's really weird :sad: I have made sure the sd card it's writting properly.
attached I'll leave my hbl.cfg file. Maybe it could help you somehow to know whats wrong.

Edit 3: It's suddenly working better again. I'm not sure what happend or what I did to fix it. I only rebooted a couple of times. Right now the settings are saving like it should even the two themes I was having problems with.The only thing thats not being saved poperly it's the current folder location. Sometimes it saves but only on some folders and does not get's updated when I open an app on a different folder. :unsure:

Attachments

• hbl.rar
    234 bytes · Views: 91
Last edited by JJTapia19,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
~fyi : i know a bunch of people want a button in their hbmenu to toggle wifi. this can be done with nwm::EXT. *hax 2.1 doesn't have that but 2.5 will. so you should be able to add support for that if you want.
(same is true for gsp::Lcd if that's in any way useful to you)

also in hax 2.5 you'll be able to pick whether or not to use the n3ds's higher clockrate. to use this you should update to latest ctrulib (master branch is fine, so is great-refactor if you're feeling adventurous) and use osSetSpeedupEnable(bool enable). might be nice for people who want to save battery life, idk.

tagging @mashers to make sure he sees this.

btw great job, i havent tried your menu myself but i've been hearing great things from people so keep it up !

of course, but that's not exactly a good way to integrate the switch into the menu imo.
Thanks @smealum ! I do intend to build against the latest ctrulib at some point and also hax 2.5 when it's out, however I have no idea where to begin merging these changes into the grid launcher as I just forked the original launcher. Would it be possible for you to pro
hey, i am new to all of this could you tell me how to execute the launcher in page 1 as the default launcher?
It seems that your question relates not to the grid launcher but to homebrew exploiting in general. It would be better to start a separate thread about this as this release thread is intended for discussion specifically of the grid launcher.

Awesome... Great work fixing those annoying issues! Thank you! :yay:

But now, I've noticed another minor bugs (I apologize with you in advance to be somewhat fussy or insistent with that):

- Each time HBL is opened/loaded, "D-Pad corner icons" options is always activated, no matters what.
- In "Folder selection" and "Theme selection" screens (when above mentioned option is on), after selecting the help corner button/screen with D-Pad and back, cursor just dissapears until any DOWN or UP D-pad buttons is pressed again.

Then, some problems still remain because the "D-Pad corner icons" option :lol:. Thanks and sorry again!
Oh it looks like I forgot to save the dpad control setting. I'll fix it, thanks! And I'll fix the problem with no selection on the folder and theme grids. I did it for the others but forgot about these.

@mashers I've noticed that when I apply some themes they are not getting saved for some reason. Once I reset the homebrew launcher I get back to the theme I had before the change. It's seems to happen with 2 of my themes and one have's a really small name so I don't think that's the problem. The settings are being saved properly, it's only with themes I'm having trouble. I have tried deleting the hbl.cfg and the other files but I still can't get it to work :unsure:

Edit:If I manually add the themes name to the hbl.cfg on my pc they work. But the problem still happens trying to change to the other theme I have trouble with. It seems to not be renaming currentTheme= the name of the themes that are giving me this problems are "MM Theme" and "JJTapia19's Donkey Kong Theme V2" maybe you'll be able to reproduce the problem by naming two of your themes like those two.

Edit 2:After manually changing the currentTheme= in the hbl.cfg with to add my themes name I've noticed that it suddenly stoped saving any of the settings too. Deleting the hbl.cfg seems to temporarily fix the problem but after changing to any of those two themes they are not getting saved again. it's really weird :sad: I have made sure the sd card it's writting properly.
attached I'll leave my hbl.cfg file. Maybe it could help you somehow to know whats wrong.

Edit 3: It's suddenly working better again. I'm not sure what happend or what I did to fix it. I only rebooted a couple of times. Right now the settings are saving like it should even the two themes I was having problems with.The only thing thats not being saved poperly it's the current folder location. Sometimes it saves but only on some folders and does not get's updated when I open an app on a different folder. :unsure:
I actually had those problems too but then they went away. I'll experiment with the names you posted and see if I can replicate it again in order to fix it.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@JJTapia19
Are you still having this problem? I've tested with the same theme names you told me and it seems to be working for me. As I said I did have this problem at one point but never got to the bottom of it. It stopped happening for me so I assumed it was a bug which got fixed when I migrated from the old button list theme selector to the grid theme selector. But if you're still having this problem we need to try to work out what the pattern is so I can reproduce it and fix it :)

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know whether or not this is a known issue, but I tried opening the Nintendo Zone app through this launcher, and when I exited from it, I guess it did something to my custom theme, as the top screen reverted back to the default white background with moving squares, while the bottom screen and background music of my custom theme were still there.

This was fixed by itself when I turned the console off and back on again, but just thought I'd let you know of that little bug.

Edit: Picture in the spoiler.
d4f3b77e41a44fe373fff9fe31a29925.jpg

Last edited by Lycan911,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had an idea about what might be causing the problem with saving themes. This post is partly me working through the logic of the problem, so bear with me ;)

In config.c, setConfigString(char* key, char* value, int configType) stores a config value (for example the name of the currently selected theme) in the config values array at the same index as the key in the keys array. So, for example, (configData)mainData.keys[0] = "currentTheme" and (configData)mainData.values[0] = "My great theme". The setConfigString() function loops through the existing entries in the config keys array and searches for the key which is going to be stored. If it is found, then the existing value is overwritten with the new value. If the key isn't found, then the key and value are both added to the end of the values and keys arrays. This should ensure there are no duplicate entries for any key.

When the config is going to be saved, saveConfigWithType(int configType) is called. This takes the config data specified by configType (either the main config or the theme config), converts it to a long string suitable for saving to the .cfg file, and then writes the file.

So I believe the problem could be in one of a number of areas, which can hopefully be diagnosed by examining hbl.cfg immediately after the problem has occurred of the previously selected theme not being the one which is actually loaded. Here are the possible causes and their probable evidence in hbl.cfg:
  • Establishing the value to be stored in the config (i.e. the name of the theme). This would result in a value in the currentTheme setting which does not match any of the themes on the device (e.g. a garbage or truncated value)
  • Checking whether the currentTheme key already exists in the themeData.keys array. This would result in a duplicate entry for the key (i.e. two settings in one hbl.cfg both for currentTheme). In this case only the first would be acknowledged, so the new setting would be ignored.
  • Overwriting the existing entry. This would result in the value not changing, so the previously selected theme would still show as current.
  • Saving the data. Again, this would likely result in the previous theme showing up.

Here's what would be helpful in diagnosing the problem:
  1. Set the theme to the one which does not seem to save
  2. Back out of the settings back to the main grid to make the settings save
  3. Launch any app
  4. Exit back to the launcher and confirm that the theme selected in step one is NOT showing up
  5. Quit the launcher without entering settings to make sure hbl.cfg does not get overwritten
  6. Upload hbl.cfg here so I can see what it contains

I don't know whether or not this is a known issue, but I tried opening the Nintendo Zone app through this launcher, and when I exited from it, I guess it did something to my custom theme, as the top screen reverted back to the default white background with moving squares, while the bottom screen and background music of my custom theme were still there.

This was fixed by itself when I turned the console off and back on again, but just thought I'd let you know of that little bug.
Are you talking about your custom theme on the home menu?

Reactions: ashinnblunts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I bet he looks at my record and thinks "he fell off."