ROM Hack [Release] Hemlock Grove CFW

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who knows the ins and outs of yellows8's leaked CFW quite well (from before karl3ds times), I can tell you that nothing worthwhile is changed in this. You changed the stage that loads boot.bin from arm9, a stage that never had any issues in the first place. If you actually wanted to make their CFW stable, you'd fix the arm11 hooking in boot.bin. Or just write your own loader based on it.

Reactions: VinsCool

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who knows the ins and outs of yellows8's leaked CFW quite well (from before karl3ds times), I can tell you that nothing worthwhile is changed in this. You changed the stage that loads boot.bin from arm9, a stage that never had any issues in the first place. If you actually wanted to make their CFW stable, you'd fix the arm11 hooking in boot.bin. Or just write your own loader based on it.

could you tell me a basically what each file does? i know the boot order launcher.dat -> arm9_code.bin -> boot.bin -> arm11_code.bin but what is the basic purpose of the files? which one boot the emunand, which one loads the over the air cia instaler, which one patches the sig checks, etc

Reactions: Margen67

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you tell me a basically what each file does? i know the boot order launcher.dat -> arm9_code.bin -> boot.bin -> arm11_code.bin but what is the basic purpose of the files? which one boot the emunand, which one loads the over the air cia instaler, which one patches the sig checks, etc
They're completely free of obfuscation, throw them in IDA and take two seconds to look and you'll know what everything does...

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated everyone. So, believe me this time or not, but it has 90 percent stability and new instructions. PLEASE follow the instructions. If you think palatine will work like the one I just posted, you'd be dead wrong.

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just popping in to say, you didn't fix anything??? You changed the contents of an unused subroutine from setting some registers to wiping the data cache. It's going to work the same as it always has.

It's kind of a dick move to keep re-releasing stolen code like this, especially when you're not doing anything to it.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried it. It does work if you follow the instructions 100 percent of the time. I'm not trying to be a dick.

I'm saying the issue with yellows8's ancient leaked work is that it fails to hook arm11 most of the time. Loading the arm9 payload in a different way won't resolve that issue.

Reactions: VinsCool

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying the issue with yellows8's ancient leaked work is that it fails to hook arm11 most of the time. Loading the arm9 payload in a different way won't resolve that issue.
indeed that is part of it. But, I'm telling you that this time is different. Is very detailed instructions for a reason.

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello bannana2, I do not want to question your work, but I would be grateful if you could open up a github reposity with your work, to understand exactly what you're going to change.
In my opinion, one of the many problems that this CFW is not stable, is the fact that each of us, more or less, working alone without relating to others.
I think it would be better to open a reposity and enter the job, so that maybe someone else can see, instantly, and maybe comment on the changes and rework, to make it more stable.

reyyesrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Based on those instructions, sounds like it'll be quicker and less hassle to just reboot and try again. Mine loads every 3/4 times. Still quicker than all this.

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello bannana2, I do not want to question your work, but I would be grateful if you could open up a github reposity with your work, to understand exactly what you're going to change.
In my opinion, one of the many problems that this CFW is not stable, is the fact that each of us, more or less, working alone without relating to others.
I think it would be better to open a reposity and enter the job, so that maybe someone else can see, instantly, and maybe comment on the changes and rework, to make it more stable.
I will try this. never done it before, but couldn't be too difficult. I will also explain what changes I have made and why in more detail as best I understand them. I'm going on hunches if you must know, but I believe that thinking outside the box and not just changing the way it hooks can fix the problem more easily and simply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay