ROM Hack [Release] Go! Gateway - Offline exploit host on Android

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you don't pass through the app and just enable the hotspot from the settings, does your 3DS see it ?

I did some researches, I may be wrong but it seems that the whole tethering feature doens't work with Cyanogen on your device : http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/60336-wifi-hotspot-tether-not-working/
It's a very old topic but they may haven't fixed it yet

edit : but it's not because you have an IP like 192.xxx.xxx.xxx that it's not working ; on my Nexus 5, the exploit IP is 192.168.43.1 and it works fine, I guess it just changes from one device to another

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Normally this wouldn't be a problem, have you tried to kill the app, launch it, stop the server if launched, wait a bit and start it again ? Is the hotspot enabled then ?

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you first disable the hotspot altering in the app, stop it, launch the hotspot manually from the settings and then restart the app ?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those wondering about other solutions (Windows IIS, Apache, whatever...) All you really need is the index.html from the .apk. In other words, just download the Android app, rename it to .zip, open it, and extract /assets/index.html. Drop it into your wwwroot folder and you're good to go.

Anyway, I read that it was modified so that you can change the name of Launcher.dat. I've been playing around with that using both Gateway's Launcher.dat and the one with the set of tools for making a .CIA file. I've found that neither works at all if you name the launcher anything other than "Launcher.dat". If someone has been able to load the gateway menu or anything else, not called Launcher.dat, would you please explain what I might be doing wrong?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need wifi. That's the only way to establish a connection with the 3DS. You need to ensure your hotspot is turned on (unless your device is rooted, then possibly this app will turn it on for you, from what I gather). Otherwise look at what I posted above. If you have any means of both hosting a web page, on any device, and having said device on the same network as your 3DS at the same time, then you can use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1