ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
It say "make_cdn_cia.exe is not recognised bla bla bla; cia not created"

Where can i find it?
make_cdn_cia is supposed to be in the same directory as FunKeyCIA. It's made by 3dsguy, but cearp didn't include it in FunKeyCIA's repository because no official binaries exist and you would have to compile it yourself. I have a prebuild binary of it on my GUI of FunK(e)yCIA:

Windows version: https://github.com/ev1l0rd/N-CDN-GUI/blob/master/make_cdn_cia.exe

Linux/OSX version: https://github.com/ev1l0rd/N-CDN-GUI/blob/master/make_cdn_cia

Download the one for your system and dump it in the same directory as FunKeyCIA.

ferociious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I paste this in cmd "FunKeyCIA.py -keyfile -title xxx" the FunKeyCIA.py file opens up in python and no downloads happen. It used to work fine before I updated it to the latest version

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
@cearp Does FunKeyCIA produce 100% 'perfect' CIA files? If so shouldn't we start recording the CIA hashes for archive purposes?
(.3DS files can always be redumped from the cartridges in the future, but the same isn't true for CIA files since Nintendo's servers wont be up forever)

Last edited by Razor83,
Reactions: gamecaptor

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp Does FunKeyCIA produce 100% 'perfect' CIA files? If so shouldn't we start recording the CIA hashes for archive purposes?
(.3DS files can always be redumped from the cartridges in the future, but the same isn't true for CIA files since Nintendo's servers wont be up forever)
we can't rely on hashes really, because the contents and tmd can change, get upgraded etc.
they are not perfect, as in legit, we need hax to run them.
but it is very likely that if i dump a game and you dump a game the cia will have the same hash yes, but as my first sentence, we can't rely on it.
the tmd already has the hashes for the (decrypted) content files, so we can check that is needed.

Last edited by cearp,

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have been researching this a lot lately as well. As cearp said, these .cia files that are created by FunKeyCIA or CIAngel or CDN-FX (etc.) are as "good" as good can get (you could also call them "clean", but not "legit", that's an entirely different discussion).

Again to cearp's point, the files that are being downloaded from Nintendo can be changed at any time. Take for example Moon Chronicles. If you downloaded it a few months ago you would have had v1. If you (freshly) download that same game today you would have v2 (v1 is essentially gone unless someone happens to still have it or didn't do the upgrade). So until the 3DS is official retired, the files are still in motion.

All that said, I too feel there needs to be a DAT file for the .cia files. Personally I can't understand why eShop scene releases are converted to a .3ds file when their native format is .cia.

We need to consider the future. You are right, there will come a day when these will not be accessible.

ferociious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't use this program anymore with the latest update, every-time I right click open with command prompt, command prompt hangs and then FunkeyCia.Py is launched in python and i see

"
# FunKeyCIA

import sys
import os
import re
import binascii
from struct import unpack, pack
import urllib2
import argparse
import string
import hashlib
import datetime
from collections import namedtuple
from collections import Counter

if not sys.version_info[:2] == (2, 7):
print '*****\n!!!!!Warning - Only tested with Python 2.7!!!!!\n*****\n'

# Hey. Why not catch those IndexErrors and throw out some usage when it happens.
# Should catch both improper and lack of argument scenarios.
# If it isn't handled here allow python to handle normally."

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to put the make_cdn_cia.exe on the same file. I downloaded the game but it's not converted to CIA, how can I convert the raw games to CIA without redownloading it again?

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I forgot to put the make_cdn_cia.exe on the same file. I downloaded the game but it's not converted to CIA, how can I convert the raw games to CIA without redownloading it again?
Open cmd and type:

make_cdn_cia.exe "path to the folder with downloaded content" "output name.cia"

For example (replace title id with your game's title id): make_cdn_cia.exe raw\0004000e0017eb00 0004000e0017eb00.cia

Reactions: Akira

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open cmd and type:

make_cdn_cia.exe "path to the folder with downloaded content" "output name.cia"

For example (replace title id with your game's title id): make_cdn_cia.exe raw\0004000e0017eb00 0004000e0017eb00.cia

I can run two command line right? Currently im still downloading 1 game with FunKeyCIA.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, just one more question. Does CIA creation really that fast? I mean, my raw is 3GB and i think It only takes 2 minutes to create the CIA. Is that normal?
Yep. Downloading is what takes so long. Creating a CIA from the content is simply putting it all together.

Reactions: Akira

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i have a question, so this means all game download using this app will be legit?
no, the ticket it generates is filled with mostly junk data, besides the important bits like key and console ID.
We'll never be able to generate legit CIAs from everything on the eshop unless some big breaks come through.

gbatemplloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no, the ticket it generates is filled with mostly junk data, besides the important bits like key and console ID.
We'll never be able to generate legit CIAs from everything on the eshop unless some big breaks come through.
i ask this because i have 2 3ds's one with a9lh and the other with gateway, because i installed all legit cia to my sysnand using gateway.
thanks for the info......

Megaman Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Oh, I had to compile make_cdn_cia to windows version by myself using VS by replacing unistd.h with io.h, until I realized that there is someone who already compiled it here :3

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any likelihood of this tool (and maybe FunkyCIA) getting the ability to download seeds too?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is there any likelihood of this tool (and maybe FunkyCIA) getting the ability to download seeds too?
possible to do, but why?
the cia won't be changed. this is a computer tool.

use an installer that gets the seed and installs it on install, i think fbi does it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi