ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp Could FunKeyCIA build .3ds?
Check out CIANgel. It's a CIA version of this utility.
FunkyCIA/FunKeyCIA/CIAngel do not give .3ds format.
little reason to put digital eshop content into 3ds physical game rom format.
it requires decryption of the contents, it's just ugly.
sure it can be nice to use some games with the gw card, but the cia is cleaner, nicer, easier - i can only support that.

Zoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How do I run this?
I have already Python 2.7.11 and the file "FunKeyCIA.py" but I have no clue how to make it run (I just clicked on it and a white box opens up, then I don't know what to do).

Can anyone explain it for a dummy like me please? also, will be kinda helpful if you add it in to the main post, I think there is a lot of people ignorant like me.

PS. I moved around 14 pages in this topic and didn't found a way to run it.
Thank you so much in advance!

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do I run this?
I have already Python 2.7.11 and the file "FunKeyCIA.py" but I have no clue how to make it run (I just clicked on it and a white box opens up, then I don't know what to do).

Can anyone explain it for a dummy like me please? also, will be kinda helpful if you add it in to the main post, I think there is a lot of people ignorant like me.

PS. I moved around 14 pages in this topic and didn't found a way to run it.
Thank you so much in advance!
shift right click > Open command window. Then run FunKeyCia.py in the terminal window. If python isn't in your PATH (was an install option, although it's not ticked by default) you need to add the path to python.exe before you run FunKeyCia.py .

Reactions: Zoma

Zoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
shift right click > Open command window. Then run FunKeyCia.py in the terminal window. If python isn't in your PATH (was an install option, although it's not ticked by default) you need to add the path to python.exe before you run FunKeyCia.py .

Thank you so much! I was missing the command window step :wacko:
Thanks you so much for your time and help! :bow:

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well dlc has been this was for ages (getting deleted) I don't think any dev is interested. just like personal legit CIA installation

Yeah, I guess most people don't even open the eShop (especially with tools like this ;) ). As for personal legit CIAs, well, once you're running A9LH, you would either have to disable the signature checks in Cakes or run Cosmo3DS just to prove that they are legit. And for what purpose? Pissing contest?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah, I guess most people don't even open the eShop (especially with tools like this ;) ). As for personal legit CIAs, well, once you're running A9LH, you would either have to disable the signature checks in Cakes or run Cosmo3DS just to prove that they are legit. And for what purpose? Pissing contest?
just nice to be able to justify something by really creating and using perfect backups, that work wothout hacks, even if we need them to install it

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just nice to be able to justify something by really creating and using perfect backups, that work wothout hacks, even if we need them to install it

Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting concept. Just not one that's easy to get people excited over. Like getting that public key (signed FBI that can sign CIAs). And spoofing the eShop (DNS-forwarded site that can install the aforementioned). Just my $0.02 worth.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Ev1l0rd and cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting concept. Just not one that's easy to get people excited over. Like getting that public key (signed FBI that can sign CIAs). And spoofing the eShop (DNS-forwarded site that can install the aforementioned). Just my $0.02 worth.
sure i understand, i said nice not necessary :)

ThePwnerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Just wanted to say, that i'm currently downloading WiiU titles with this tool (-nobuild option for download, and then -ticket because is needed for decryption) Works like a charm. Then i decrypt them with other tools for loadiine. So @cearp, now you know that you can adpat this same tool for that! :D

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just wanted to say, that i'm currently downloading WiiU titles with this tool (-nobuild option for download, and then -ticket because is needed for decryption) Works like a charm. Then i decrypt them with other tools for loadiine. So @cearp, now you know that you can adpat this same tool for that! :D
cool :) i don't have a wiiu, do they also use cias? maybe when it's hacked more we could install the builts cias from this, if so?
nobuild will still give you a ticket in the raw folder i think, no need to run the tool twice :)

Last edited by cearp,

ThePwnerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
cool :) i don't have a wiiu, do they also use cias? maybe when it's hacked more we could install the builts cias from this, if so?
nobuild will still give you a ticket in the raw folder i think, no need to run the tool twice :)
The "tik" file is not generated in the raw folder, that's why i had to run it twice. The wiiu does not have "CIAs" as we know it and i didn't find enough info about how to install games directly to the wiiU (exploits still in early stages).

The RAW downloaded folder of a game (named TITLEID) will have this files:
cetk
tmd
00000001 to 000000019 and then 0000000a and up (from 11Kb to 700Mb random)

All those files without extension.
For decryption, with the actual tools (found on gbatemp), we need to add the ticket as "title.tik" (that name, not the titleid), and rename the tmd to "title.tmd". After decryption, we will have 3 folders: code, content and meta. Most of the files inside them are PC readable (photos, videos, etc).

Reactions: cearp

ThePwnerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@ThePwnerer the cetk is the tik :)
Mind Explode:)
giphy.gif

Reactions: cearp

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
@cearp Is it possible to modify this so it creates a .wud with wii u title key and id? Would be great :)
Short: Can't say for sure, but I don't think it is possible, not without using a different sub-utility at least.

Long: FunKeyCIA makes usage of something called make_cdn_cia to bundle (and decrypt) the files. Maybe have a look at that utility (not an expert in Wii U stuff, but the CDN Ninty uses works the same AFAIK due to... lazy coders?). All FunKeyCIA does is download the CDN files (it uses the TitleID to get the url) and feed the raw files + the encrypted TitleKey to make_cdn_cia to create a CIA. If there is a utility out there that can convert raw Nintendo CDN files to .wud files, you could use that to build a .wud from the raw files. For a more technical write-up on how the CDN works (plus some explanation about tickets), I recommend this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4b4fvh/the_eshop_and_cdn_an_attempt_at_an_explanation/ (which incidentially led to the creation of all these utilities).

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A