• Views 1,503,257
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
Hi, I have a problem in installing CIAs. It says SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT. Any idea?
My environment:
new 3DS
rxTools (265d53ee171c1c0599a2ac31d6742ac18128792c)

EDIT:
I'm trying to install FBI 1.4.15 with FBI 1.4.15 on *hax 2.5.

Last edited by 173210,

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have a problem in installing CIAs. It says SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT. Any idea?
My environment:
new 3DS
Without indiscretion what the cia you want to install, are you sure it's a good dump ?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Any CIA, which I have confirmed work (e.g. The CIA version of FBI 1.4.15).
Oh, I also forgot to tell the version. I'm using FBI 1.4.15 on *hax 2.5.
Maybe you need to use *hax 2.0 instead?
Since TC said 1.4.15 supported 2.0 but didn't mention it supported 2.5.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any CIA, which I have confirmed work (e.g. FBI 1.4.15).
Oh, I also forgot to tell the version. I'm using FBI 1.4.15 on *hax 2.5.
Have you tried with devmenu ?

For FBI, you can try to put this two files in the Nintendo 3DS/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/dbs (NAND or EmuNAND or both) folder then go to the settings -> data management -> N3DS (NAND or EmuNAND or both).
Normally you have a message telling you that the files are corrupted and must be restored , confirm and then retry installing your .cia.

edit:
Are you using FBI.3dsx from Homebrew Launcher or FBI.cia from rxTools homemenu ?

Attachments

• dbs.rar
    166 bytes · Views: 102
Last edited by FONZD,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Have you tried with devmenu ?

For FBI, you can try to put this two files in the Nintendo 3DS/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/dbs (NAND or EmuNAND or both) folder then go to the settings -> data management -> N3DS (NAND or EmuNAND or both).
Normally you have a message telling you that the files are corrupted and must be restored , confirm and then retry installing your .cia.

edit:
Are you using FBI.3dsx from Homebrew Launcher or FBI.cia from rxTools homemenu ?
For DBS issue, I remembered that if it lacked, FBI will display: database not exist.

D

Deleted User

OP
My environment:
new 3DS

EDIT:
I need the full error. The summary really tells me next to nothing.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My environment:
new 3DS

EDIT:
Exactly how are you launching FBI? From rxmode using FBI already installed on the home screen? Or from the Homebrew Launcher? If from the HBL, how exactly are you launching HBL? Cubic Ninja? BootCTR or ctrbootmanager? rxmode first then HBL, or...?

Last edited by urherenow,

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same problem when installing CIAs...
n3DS XL with 9.0 sys+emuNAND, running FBI 3DSX through browserhax (Homebrew Launcher) within rxTools emuNAND (tried with ReiNAND, got same error)

Code:
Install failed!
devmenu622_repack.cia
Source: SOURCE_APP_BEGIN_INSTALL (0x5)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: <unknown> (0x2f)
Press Start to continue.
Same error occurs with any CIA, and occurs when trying to delete titles too.

Last edited by YayMii,
D

Deleted User

OP
n3DS XL with 9.0 sys+emuNAND, running FBI 3DSX through browserhax (Homebrew Launcher) within rxTools emuNAND (tried with ReiNAND, got same error)

Code:
Install failed!
devmenu622_repack.cia
Press Start to continue.
rxTools emuNAND loads a FIRM that is incompatible with the kernel exploits needed to run FBI through *hax.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:
Install failed!
devmenu622_repack.cia
Press Start to continue.
@173210 I just updated with the build @Dean_ posted and now I get the same error as this. The problem is with rxtools, not FBI or *Hax. Something you changed recently messed up permissions (services... not sure FBI uses anything other than the AM service)

rxTools emuNAND loads a FIRM that is incompatible with the kernel exploits needed to run FBI through *hax.
Doesn't matter when loading HBL on top of rxtools, since the required patches are already made. It was working fine on a build from a day or two ago. I just updated to a build with fixes @173210 made to CakeBrah, and only now, I am getting this issue.

@173210 All I can suggest is to use something else and install the FBI.cia to your home screen. On sysnand or emunand or both. Then there are no issues to worry about.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there another way I can load FBI without having to remake my emuNAND then? I just did a system transfer from my o3DS and I don't want to lose everything.
Use Cakes or any other CFW and install the .cia version of FBI onto your home screen. Once it's there, there are no problems using it in rxtools.

D

Deleted User

OP
Is there another way I can load FBI without having to remake my emuNAND then? I just did a system transfer from my o3DS and I don't want to lose everything.
I believe rxTools has a way to inject FBI into the Health and Safety app, but I'm not sure whether it supports injecting to emuNAND.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe rxTools has a way to inject FBI into the Health and Safety app, but I'm not sure whether it supports injecting to emuNAND.
That was broken a while back. Was it fixed? Also, they inject an old version. At least you could use the old version to install the new one, I guess...

On another note. There is a small glitch with the option to delete a file prior to reinstalling. When the latest FBI says it's already installed, and you press A to delete it and install, it also shows a WRONG_ARGUMENT message, but you press start to continue and then try to install it again, and it installs just fine (so the deletion worked, but there is a glitch between the delete and install... perhaps there needs to be a delay added in before the install?).

D

Deleted-236924

OP
Yeah, I used rxTools 9/28 nightly and injecting FBI works. It injected v1.3.8 though, even though I downloaded the .cia for the latest version back when I injected it.

That being said, is there a way for me to inject the latest version into H&S? I much prefer having FBI into the H&S app over having it as its own app on the home menu.

(Also it supports injecting into both sysnand and emunand)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: peteruk

fibraxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello has all
I have a question I have a 3ds old firm 9.2.0.0 while starting minipasta 2 times fbi remains on the white screen, how can I install sysupdater.cia to update browser ???? without fbi !!!!
N.B. I entered the dbs folder with two files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom