ROM Hack [Release] ExInjector - Inject original exheaders into repacked roms

SilverTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What do I do? Also, the rom i'm trying to fix the exheader of is a CIA file, because the converter couldn't convert it to .3ds because of "could not read exheader file" error

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an additional offset I can adjust in the exheader if I want to change the "major" version string. (the minor and micro numbers can be set using makerom/make_cia). The "version" number you see in DevMenu when you go to install this. This is important for example if you are building a game patch for use online as certain version string range is needed to fool servers into thinking you have latest patch when going online (games that don't really use online features or never had a patch don't really need to worry about this). For games like Pokemon X/Y or ORAS for example.

You can find the offsets for stuff like this in the exheader by visiting 3DBrew. :P

I went to 3DBrew but can't find where it says which offsets to go to in order to change the "Major" version. I want to create spoofed update .cia's for hacks I have for Pokemon UltraSun, Pokemon X, and Zelda Majora's Mask (they all use version 1.0 of the game). When I create my own "spoof" update .cia's using this tool, it always makes the "Major" version 0 :( I need to change the "Major" versions to fool the servers into thinking I have the latest patch. Can you help me please?

EDIT: Oh, I think I found it here: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/NCCH/Extended_Header#ARM11_Kernel_Capabilities Unfortunately I'm not sure if the info on that page is usable with the files I get when I extract a cia's files using the tool linked above. It's all over my head. All I want is to get rid of nags to update my games :|

Last edited by wad11656,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto