Status
Not open for further replies.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
you can transfer pokemon from gen 7 to gen 6 and they appear as bulbasaurs i put on in one in my offical pokebank and it works i wonder what will happen when pokebank is updated

MemBat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I being really dumb? Whenever I try to use this, select Pokemon Sun, it just get's to yellow screen and freezes.

Homebrew 1.1.1, using 3dsx of this program and clicking it, targeting my Sun game, loads, freezes on yellow screen. Original firmware is 9.2, I have Luma CFW on the latest firmware/update which is 11.2.0-35E as which is what i'm playing Sun on currently.

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Am I being really dumb? Whenever I try to use this, select Pokemon Sun, it just get's to yellow screen and freezes.

Homebrew 1.1.1, using 3dsx of this program and clicking it, targeting my Sun game, loads, freezes on yellow screen. Original firmware is 9.2, I have Luma CFW on the latest firmware/update which is 11.2.0-35E as which is what i'm playing Sun on currently.

Two questions:
1) Why are you using hbl if you have cfw?
2) Why don't you read faq? You MUST selecr pokemon bank if using HBL to open PKSM

MemBat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Two questions:
1) Why are you using hbl if you have cfw?
2) Why don't you read faq? You MUST selecr pokemon bank if using HBL to open PKSM

At 1. Uh oh...why not? I use HBL to acces Luma which accesses my CFW (which is the most recent legit firmware "Emu" 11.2.0-35E) which is how i currently play Sun, I had been using been playing a romfs "cart" based ORAS edit called "star sapphire" and "rutile ruby" and have also used it for playing "Wilting Y" as no other method would get it to work legit on 3DS with 9.2, so this is how I played these rom edits. I boot into HBL with "press down on D-pad" method (cant remember what this method is called) but if i don't do that, my 3ds just boots to a blank 9.2 version firmware which has no CIAs on it.

At 2. There is no FAQ...not on the OP or on the GITHUB that I can see anywhere. How do i install pokemon bank onto my 9.2 if the eshop requires a update to function? I can't select pokemon bank but it's installed on my CFW, how do i get it to target the stuff installed on CFW? I have FBI on HBL but it refuses to install any CIA, TittleDB also throws an error too.

At I never realised I had a weird setup...I just have always gone with it because it was the only way I could get rom hacks to work with my legit carts like star sapphire/wilting Y etc.

Clearly I must be something outdated, incorrect, or a combination of them both and if that is so I apologise, perhaps I need to be redirected to get my 3DS re-setup the correct way? If that's needed, i'd appreciate the direction. Apologies for dropping this wall of text on the thread.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
At 1. Uh oh...why not? I use HBL to acces Luma which accesses my CFW (which is the most recent legit firmware "Emu" 11.2.0-35E) which is how i currently play Sun, I had been using been playing a romfs "cart" based ORAS edit called "star sapphire" and "rutile ruby" and have also used it for playing "Wilting Y" as no other method would get it to work legit on 3DS with 9.2, so this is how I played these rom edits. I boot into HBL with "press down on D-pad" method (cant remember what this method is called) but if i don't do that, my 3ds just boots to a blank 9.2 version firmware which has no CIAs on it.

At 2. There is no FAQ...not on the OP or on the GITHUB that I can see anywhere. How do i install pokemon bank onto my 9.2 if the eshop requires a update to function? I can't select pokemon bank but it's installed on my CFW, how do i get it to target the stuff installed on CFW? I have FBI on HBL but it refuses to install any CIA, TittleDB also throws an error too.

At I never realised I had a weird setup...I just have always gone with it because it was the only way I could get rom hacks to work with my legit carts like star sapphire/wilting Y etc.

Clearly I must be something outdated, incorrect, or a combination of them both and if that is so I apologise, perhaps I need to be redirected to get my 3DS re-setup the correct way? If that's needed, i'd appreciate the direction. Apologies for dropping this wall of text on the thread.
That's because you need to use FBI installed to your EmuNAND to install CIA of PKSM to the EmuNAND, and don't bother anymore. HB version of FBI work with SysNAND, not EmuNAND. Or... don't tell me you don't have FBI installed/injected into your EmuNAND's home menu

MemBat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's because you need to use FBI installed to your EmuNAND to install CIA of PKSM to the EmuNAND, and don't bother anymore. HB version of FBI work with SysNAND, not EmuNAND. Or... don't tell me you don't have FBI installed/injected into your EmuNAND's home menu

You probably don't realise how stupid I feel right now, as I have no idea what you mean. FBI is just a icon on my HB menu, I have no idea how to install it onto my EmuNAND, that's probably the damn reason why when "selecting targets" it can't find pokemon bank and other stuff that is installed on my CFW but HBL is running on 9.2, not the Emu 11.2...

I wouldn't know how to install/inject FBI on my EmuNAND or my Emu 11.2/CFW if that's what I need to do.

Honestly, I feel pretty silly right now as I could probably get all this setup working fine if I could understand where i've gone wrong, and how to fix it.

PP_theSLAYER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You probably don't realise how stupid I feel right now, as I have no idea what you mean. FBI is just a icon on my HB menu, I have no idea how to install it onto my EmuNAND, that's probably the damn reason why when "selecting targets" it can't find pokemon bank and other stuff that is installed on my CFW but HBL is running on 9.2, not the Emu 11.2...

I wouldn't know how to install/inject FBI on my EmuNAND or my Emu 11.2/CFW if that's what I need to do.

Honestly, I feel pretty silly right now as I could probably get all this setup working fine if I could understand where i've gone wrong, and how to fix it.

Just throwing out an idea,
But for starters, maybe you could use Decrypt9 via Homebrew Menu to inject FBI into your Health and Safety on Emunand?

edit: Phailect's A9 guide has a link to Decrypt9 and FBI injectables.

Last edited by PP_theSLAYER,
Reactions: MemBat

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

or you can follow guide to its fullest to take (almost) complete control over your system. If you have a New 3DS, it will take about 20 minutes, and a mere hour for an Old 3DS
https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher) start from here since you are on 9.2 already and have the access to HB

MemBat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
or you can follow guide to its fullest to take (almost) complete control over your system. If you have a New 3DS, it will take about 20 minutes, and a mere hour for an Old 3DS
https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher) start from here since you are on 9.2 already and have the access to HB

Thanks. I'll give it a go, sorry to jack up the thread @EventAssistant. I'm on a O3DS so I'll see how I get on. Appreciate it, I manged to get where I am with the sys + emunands so i'm sure i can work out this fine.

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Go through Plailect's guide and obtain your fully working a9lh setup. You'll not encounter any problem anymore with PKSM, as it's fully working if you have a cfw setup

Reactions: MemBat

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

MemBat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a lot of spare time either.

I've only ever used PKSM to inject Wonder Cards to XY/ORAS, I don't have any experience with the other features. Sorry :(

FAQ.

Neglected to mention github is like sand attack for my eyes, I just go completely blind in function when I'm on that site :wacko::rofl:. Thanks though, at least I'm learning!

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
idk if this is a bug or not but if you put a gen 7 pokemon in your bank it lets you tranfer it to a gen 6 game and it will appear as a bulbasaur can can battle

Reactions: NostalgicJustin

NostalgicJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if this is a bug or not but if you put a gen 7 pokemon in your bank it lets you tranfer it to a gen 6 game and it will appear as a bulbasaur can can battle

There is actually a post about this somewhere on the forum. Mine never appears as a Bulbasaur though. But you can use that "exploit" (for lack of a better term at the moment) to transfer to PCHex++ and do some additional editing.

It's still a good call out though, for those who didn't know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂