Homebrew [RELEASE] CtrBootManager/CtrBootManager9

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it normal that luma3ds Reboot the console when exiting system settings if not using bootmanager ?

(i removed bootctr9 atm and it still Reboots after exiting system settings, or does it do this anyway ?)
it does but w/ a bootmanager its not as smooth as it should.

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Je suis d'accord avec toi, c'est pas juste! ^_^

On the github, the "README.md" file was initially based on "https://github.com/Cpasjuste/CtrBootManager/blob/master/README.md" where you forgot to thank yourself: I just repaired the mistake on my repository :).
However, you can notice that I didn't forget to thank you on the first post of this GBAtemp thread (which is the main channel I use to publish updates).

Anyway, thank you very much for this project!

Last edited by OperationNT,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a clean B9S v1.1 support, I need to completly change the code calling ARM11 CPU (screen initialization). This operation will take some time...
However, once it will be done, it should be easy to add features under ARM11 CPU control (which is much faster than ARM9 CPU).
Sweet thats good to hear, eagerly look forward to the Release.

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New version 2.5.1 is available!
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/releases/tag/2.5.1
It adds support for B9S v1.2.

Even if it cannot directly chainload some B9S v1.0 payloads (like Luma3DS v7.1), I found a trick: it can chainload CtrBootManager9 v2.5.0 then this previous version can chainload B9S v1.0 payloads.

It seems that the 3DSX version cannot chainload anything under Luma3DS v8.0 so I used the previous trick to check 3DSX version validity.

Even if there was no evolution for 3DSX version, I updated my compilation tools version so I had to do some code changes to recompile it (it seems that new compilation tools allowed to gain about 10KB on the 3DSX binary final size). I hope it still work under MenuHax in order to load CFW: I don't have the courage to flash my 9.2.0 NAND to check it.

EDIT: I just noticed a crash at start with the A9LH version (CtrBootManager9.bin). I will see how I can fix this when I have some time.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New version 2.5.1 is available!
https://github.com/OperationNT414C/CtrBootManager/releases/tag/2.5.1
It adds support for B9S v1.2.

Even if it cannot directly chainload some B9S v1.0 payloads (like Luma3DS v7.1), I found a trick: it can chainload CtrBootManager9 v2.5.0 then this previous version can chainload B9S v1.0 payloads.

It seems that the 3DSX version cannot chainload anything under Luma3DS v8.0 so I used the previous trick to check 3DSX version validity.

Even if there was no evolution for 3DSX version, I updated my compilation tools version so I had to do some code changes to recompile it (it seems that new compilation tools allowed to gain about 10KB on the 3DSX binary final size). I hope it still work under MenuHax in order to load CFW: I don't have the courage to flash my 9.2.0 NAND to check it.

EDIT: I just noticed a crash at start with the A9LH version (CtrBootManager9.bin). I will see how I can fix this when I have some time.

Oh man, the new luma+b9s1.2 breaks more things than it's useful...

chainloading an older version of ctrbootmanager is a bit problematic because it uses the same configuration-file (a9lh.cfg). e.g. if I want to use a button combo to load sysnand with an older luma-version it won't work. (it sucks hard, because I'm already using mem-patches to load from a different configuration but menuhax is completly broken with new luma-versions)

I would request to make a new option inside the config to forceload an older b9s-binary by initialising b9sv1-code. e.g. something like this:

[entry]
force_b9sv1=1;
path=/b9st/Gateway.bin;

It should be possible to do this :) (In that way it won't be needed to implement routines to auto-detect the binary-files just copy the init-code from an older release)
I'll be very grateful for this.

Greetings

EDIT: is maybe the config-file-path hardcoded somewhere into the binary? Maybe it would be sufficient to mem-patch this :)
EDIT2: I see, you included this already in your documentation xP
EDIT3: Damn Luma. I'll revert back to b9s v1. Why break menuhax? It was my only way to revert back to emunand when playing gbavc titles

Last edited by GothicIII,

WilliamO7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So on compiling this myself and using firmtool to convert the built bin file into a firm, I get a black screen instead of the menu. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm using B9S 1.0, with luma 7.1.

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a bug affecting A9LH version and probably the firm version under B9S v1.0 with corrupted frame buffers retrieved from arguments. Please use v2.5.0 version under B9S v1.0 (or, if you are able to modify the code, you should comment in main.c the part of code retrieving framebuffers from arguments in function startCtrBootManager).
I will fix this on a next release.

OperationNT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had some difficulties to initialise an ARM11 stub and I don't understand why: even the slightest operation makes the 3DS freeze.
Currently, I am working on some small projects for PS Vita (and I also play games a lot :)).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ