Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Broken L button, I need a temporary solution.

Sorry to ask 2 noob questions, but which file will I need to edit and how do I compile it? (Compiling has been my weakness for eons, so I might as well learn.)
This really isn't the place for help learning how to compile homebrew.

You will need devkitpro: https://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/
Getting started: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_Development_Environment
A couple libraries as outlined in the CIAngel github readme (We use libctru and hbkb)
Experience with C/C++ programming and compiling.

If you require assistance beyond that, I'd recommend starting a new thread or asking in IRC.

superbudvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CIAngel can no longer download wings.json. Apparently the site has moved to a new domain and host.

Are you sure? I've just deleted my wings.json and it's downloaded fine.

The site *is* moving, and we are aware of this and will be releasing a new version in due course, but as far as we are aware, the current version is still working and so there hasn't been a need to yet.

That said, thank for showing an interest and pointing it out, nl255 :yay:

Last edited by superbudvar,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you sure? I've just deleted my wings.json and it's downloaded fine.

The site *is* moving, and we are aware of this and will be releasing a new version in due course, but as far as we are aware, the current version is still working and so there hasn't been a need to yet.
Shouldn't a simple search and replace in the files be enough? Simply search and replace the nearly free speech link to the new link.

superbudvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't a simple search and replace in the files be enough? Simply search and replace the nearly free speech link to the new link.
No; the new site is also under an https link now (it auto redirects too) so, not quite so simple.

Still as I say; we've got it covered. The fix is in place and merged into master; a new build is all that's required now.

Reactions: Drakia and Ev1l0rd

GreenWins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice that some games downloaded through this doesn't load. I'm not sure if it's this or just my 3ds.
The games that didn't get pass the 3ds load screen after installing are Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and Mega Man Legacy Collection.

Solved:

Visit the game in the eShop to fix loading problem.

Some games require crypto fixing, visit the games eShop page to get the seeddb entry, or manually decrypt it using a seeddb.bin file and Decrypt9.

edited this so people in the future can spot this easier.

Last edited by GreenWins,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I notice that some games downloaded through this doesn't load. I'm not sure if it's this or just my 3ds.
The games that didn't get pass the 3ds load screen after installing are Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and Mega Man Legacy Collection.
Some games require crypto fixing, visit the games eShop page to get the seeddb entry, or manually decrypt it using a seeddb.bin file and Decrypt9.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe adding a text in the op in big red letter because I see a lot of people asking, or maybe even in the app a little message on the main screen? Just a suggestion because I see you and cearp answer the same questions so many times

Reactions: hiten

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why I am getting an error when attempting to install Pocket Card Jockey? All other CIA downloads through CIAngel have worked with no issues.

Same problem? Maybe the Title Key is bad? Not sure how to check. Something something decrypted title keys something something?

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Metroid Fusion, but it locks up my console when booting. I know it's not the AGB_FIRM that is the problem because when I used RxTools it worked fine. Or has Nintendo blanked out the game on thier server?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same problem? Maybe the Title Key is bad? Not sure how to check. Something something decrypted title keys something something?
Just tested the US version downloaded through CIAngel. While it does require cryptofixing (Visit eShop, or manual via D9), it installs with no issues, so the key is definitely good.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got Metroid Fusion, but it locks up my console when booting. I know it's not the AGB_FIRM that is the problem because when I used RxTools it worked fine. Or has Nintendo blanked out the game on thier server?
Just installed + tested Metroid Fusion (USA) with Luma3DS running on 11.0 on an o3ds, no issues installing/running the game.

SWS90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just updated my Rxtools to 11.0, and now trying this out.
I installed it via the latest version of FBI, by scanning the QR code.

So, all I have to do now is search for whatever game I want in CIAngel, and download it?

Mitchel Barron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After installing around 10 tickets and then getting the games from the eshop, ciangel doesn't seem to be installing the tickets properly anymore. Tried with 5 different games and there is no option to redownload the games. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After installing around 10 tickets and then getting the games from the eshop, ciangel doesn't seem to be installing the tickets properly anymore. Tried with 5 different games and there is no option to redownload the games. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
More info is required to be able to help. What games are failing? Have you installed those games previously using a method other than CIAngel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, why not?