[*] CIA conversion completed!
[*] Manual Added
[*] You may close the program now!
v:5.1.4beta u:1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1.0

Press any key to continue . . .
Success.
Changing dir to .. ...
Success.
Copying Step 2\install.cia to ctr-jbbe.cia ...
Success.
Removing Step 2\rom.3ds ...
Success.
Removing Step 2\install.cia ...
Success.
Keep xorpads?
>n
Removing Step 2\î☻☻ ...
Fail.
The previous operation failed. Would you like to continue? (y/n)
>y
Removing G:\000400000008D100.Main.exheader.xorpad ...
Success.
Removing G:\000400000008D100.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad ...
Success.
Removing G:\000400000008D100.Main.romfs.xorpad ...
Success.
Removing G:\000400000008D100.Manual.romfs.xorpad ...
Success.
Removing G:\ncchinfo.bin ...
Success.
Removing G:\Launcher.dat ...
Success.
Renaming G:\Launcher.dat.autobackup to G:\Launcher.dat ...
Success.
Removing rom.3ds ...
Success.
Removing For 3DS SD card\ncchinfo.bin ...
Success.
>

Here is the error I get with the cagen.exe version 0.2.2 when ran manually through a cmd window. It doesn't give a file name, just some strange characters.

I'm not sure what file it could be as removes all files it should from the Step 2 folder, but it doesn't remove any of the folders or files inside them such as
decrypted
encrypted_bin
exefs
xorpads

It successfully cleans the SD card of all xorpads files but leaves these -

DeleteMe.bin
MsetForBoss.dat
slot0x25KeyX.bin

Just fyi, I've tried this on 2 different computers (1 with Win 8.1-64, the other with Win 7-32) and get the same error on both with multiple different .3ds files.

Hm. It's kind of hard for me to test, because I don't have a 4.x 3ds. I just realized that I got some real xorpads recently, though, so I can try and figure out what the issue is when I have time.

Will this work on "edited" roms? I have a Pokemom Omega Ruby rom that I rebuilt since it's now a "randomizer". Which means it's already decrypted.

I assume it will detect that it uses zero key encryption and can still convert to CIA?

I'm not sure. My tool doesn't do the actual conversion, it uses someone else's batch file to do that. However, my tool does assume that xorpads need to be generated, and so trying to use it in a situation where that's unneeded would be more work than it's worth.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It's not a big deal. I haven't tried yet, but I could try and rebuild my edited rom as a CIA. Perhaps it's as easy as a single line change in the RSF file and changing the "CCI" to "CIA" in the makerom commands in the batch file I have that builds the rom.

This was just something I could use as a backup in-case that didn't pan out. :P

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and downgraded. I also have the issue with it not clearing out the step 2 folder so I've just been doing that myself. Thanks for all your work.

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I released another update. All of the known issues should be resolved now!

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I released another update. All of the known issues should be resolved now!

I just tried your latest revision, and it works great! No more error message and all files/folders are removed (except for slot0x25KeyX.bin off the sd card but I'm not going to nitpick).

Thanks for all your work on making this as simple as possible for us.

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mmn, you should have specified that naming the .3ds whatever we want was whatever we want except rom.3ds

EDIT: And making sure the python are added to windows path environment variable.

EDIT2 : Finally, even with your script I have the same error than without it

Untitled.png

mmn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmn, you should have specified that naming the .3ds whatever we want was whatever we want except rom.3ds

EDIT: And making sure the python are added to windows path environment variable.

EDIT2 : Finally, even with your script I have the same error than without it

Untitled.png

Those things were mentioned later in the thread. Added to OP.

All my script does is follow someone else's directions, I didn't rewrite the actual .3ds + xorpads = .cia part. If queno's script doesn't work for you, then this is guaranteed not to work for you (unless you just made a mistake the first time).

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those things were mentioned later in the thread. Added to OP.

All my script does is follow someone else's directions, I didn't rewrite the actual .3ds + xorpads = .cia part. If queno's script doesn't work for you, then this is guaranteed not to work for you (unless you just made a mistake the first time).

Even if the odd were that your script will give me the same error, I still wanted to try it. We never know, I could have made a mistake or some other things that you script could have fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-