Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I think that you put the 0.3.2 arm9loaderhax.bin on the latest release because I put the new folder 0 inside of anim folder and is not working but if I put the animation inside the anim folder it works. And the size of the .bin is exactly the same but i'm not sure is normal
You're right. It's gotta be a GitHub glitch tho. I'll upload the binary on the OP, and thanks for bringing this up

EDIT: Fixed, GitHub binaries should work as intended now.

Last edited by Wolfvak,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
They´re great, but I'll go for the second one, makes it a bit more unique. Besides, I like stuff with my name :P.
Expect the OP to be updated in <12h
Ya I liked the look with the name. I did a black outline so no matter what color background its on it can be read

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I don't quite get the installation part. If we use aurei, we have to copy default.bin from aurei/payloads, paste it in /aurei and rename it to arm9payload.bin? unless I'm missing something
Since that way I guess holding x wouldn't load Uncart and holding y wouldn't load Emunand9

Last edited by FTRBND,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I don't quite get the installation part. If we use aurei, we have to copy default.bin from aurei/payloads, paste it in /aurei and rename it to arm9payload.bin? unless I'm missing something
Since that way I guess holding x wouldn't load Uncart and holding y wouldn't load Emunand9
You don't touch the payload folder at all. You take the arm9loaderhax.bin from aureinand and rename it to arm9payload.bin and leave it on the root of your sd card. You then take the arm9loaderhax.bin from this and put it on the root of your sd card

Reactions: FTRBND

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Pretty much what @pbanj said. I wanted to oversimplify this but it turns out I overcomplicated it in the end :)
Maybe I'll just make the instructions better overall. Got any advice?

Reactions: chronoss

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Pretty much what @pbanj said. I wanted to oversimplify this but it turns out I overcomplicated it in the end :)
maybe just one single constant filename that is loaded, not multiple.
be strict, it makes things simple :)
that is what i would do

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well for instructions, what @pbanj said is the clearest there could be, so including that in the original post would be perfect :)

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
maybe just one single constant filename that is loaded, not multiple.
be strict, it makes things simple :)
that is what i would do
Done. I wanted to keep the old payload filename as well, but you can't always get what you want I guess.
https://github.com/Wolfvak/BootAnim9/commit/1d6302c6d5510de5308ae5fe37930d096f4e4690

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well for instructions, what @pbanj said is the clearest there could be, so including that in the original post would be perfect :)
Make sure to move 'arm9payload.bin' to inside the anim folder, since that's what newer versions are gonna use.

Reactions: cearp

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Also, would there be a way for the animation not to interfere with the actual boot time? Ex. It takes me 9 seconds to boot, but using an animation makes it run and THEN, after its done, takes another 9 seconds. If the animation is 5 seconds, the total boot takes 14 seconds.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Also, would there be a way for the animation not to interfere with the actual boot time? Ex. It takes me 9 seconds to boot, but using an animation makes it run and THEN, after its done, takes another 9 seconds. If the animation is 5 seconds, the total boot takes 14 seconds.
Sorry but no. Only way would be to integrate it into another CFW and even then it wouldn't reduce the boot time by much.

I've done some tests and really, patching takes pretty much no time. I'd say it's as short as 1/10th of a second.
The main issue (if we're talking about boot times) would be the firmlaunch part, AKA the time it takes the FIRM to take over.

EDIT: Holy shit mate
  • SDXC: 256gb Lexar U3 containing /b/ database
Who on earth has a 256GB SD card? :wtf:

Last edited by Wolfvak,

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Sorry but no. Only way would be to integrate it into another CFW and even then it wouldn't reduce the boot time by much.

I've done some tests and really, patching takes pretty much no time. I'd say it's as short as 1/10th of a second.
The main issue (if we're talking about boot times) would be the firmlaunch part, AKA the time it takes the FIRM to take over.
Ah well, thanks anyways

EDIT: Holy shit mate
  • SDXC: 256gb Lexar U3 containing /b/ database
Who on earth has a 256GB SD card? :wtf:
I definitely didn't steal it from another 3DS from a nintendo in city event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OvD30K-KN3k