Hacking [Release] 4.65.1 REBUG CFW w/ COBRA 7.02

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Red_Scorpion_3_sml.png

Didn't see this here yet, so better late then never?
The REBUG team released their 4.65 CFW. This release was not initially intended for public consumption, however, Moderators at ps3hax.net had already circulated the files, and so existing bugs will be ironed out in 4.65.2.
REBUG said:
Bug – spanish lang
Bug – gameOS flag working if fw reinstalled or updated only
Cobra Bug – less plugins loaded (not a bug actually but being fixed all the same)
Cobra – will be disabled on a fresh install (use toolbox to enable it)
PS2 - controller sync issue
New Features include:
REBUG said:
* COBRA 7.02 extensions
* Safer recovery system
* Rebug Toolkit 02.02.01
* WebMAN 1.30.33 MOD
* PS3 plugins support
* All the other usual Rebug features

Long-time PS3 developers Joonie and HABIB have also joined the team.

Downloads, info, and source.[/quote]
EDIT: Team REBUG has addressed the PS2 controller sync issue and the fix will be released with REBUG 4.65.2

Reactions: Margen67

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must admit, I'd been real happy with 4.46 Rebug w/ COBRA, but I kept hearing people griping about how it doesn't play PSP games? I hadn't tried doing anything like that before, being I have an actual PSP to run them on... Just what is the deal about that?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
The PS2 Pad bug will exist on all software-based emulation for firmwares 4.5x and above. This is a fault of Sony's update. Until Sony can figure out a fix for it, CFW developers can't really do anything.

If you have a full or partial hardware-based emulator, you are able to play discs and the ps2 pad bug shouldn't be an issue.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I get that it exists on soft-BC and neutered PS3 systems; however, in my case I have a CECHA AND CECHB system here, which are full-BC units. Does this bug still exist there?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
I don't believe so, no. Habib's temporary solution was to use the 4.46 SEMI/BC module, but I don't think he ported that to the Rebug firmware.

If you end up installing this firmware, here's what you can try:
1. Launch any PS2 game
2. Plug in the ps3 controller via USB and press the home button
3. Unplug the usb cable

If it's still synced, looks like the developers got the old 4.46 module. If not, you could always reinstall 4.46 (make sure QA is enabled) :)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not take the risk in downgrading if I don't have to, considering both the rarity of these systems, and further the lack of any nand backup/restore solution because nobody wants to make one except for neutered ps3 systems. :nayps3:

As such, I just have to wait until hopefully someone with a BC system can shed some light on this.

h4x0rm1k3

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this answers your question codeZer0, it's taken directly from them and states that BC consoles will use their respective emulators meaning HW emulation and not SW so you should be good to go with full compatibility and no pad sync issues!

PlayStation 2 on BC Consoles
Hardware (HW) Emulation:
PS3 Models:
CECHC, CECHE, CECHA, and CECHB Backwards Compatible (BC) Consoles will still use their respective emulators(ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibility and also support optical discs, original or backup

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my controller has been bugging out on this firmware, pretty random too.

just starts like hammering all buttons, unloading CFW calls, going back to XMB, its like its randomly pressing all kinds of buttons over and over. I wish I could pinpoint the issue, but its hard to reproduce.

sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I also have to sync my controller almost every time i start up the PS3.

anyone else having issues like this?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
I've been getting controller sync issues as well. I think your WebMAN settings may have something to do with unloading CFW calls. Go check those.
Hopefully 4.65.2 will fix the controller issues.

EDIT: As for random key presses, that might be the controller hardware issue itself. You could try taking it apart and cleaning the contacts with isopropyl alcohol or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol