• Poll closed .

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like a good idea! I'd definitely prefer to use buttons for a screenshot in case I really need one.
As for the folder.. What about straight into the SD root without any folder? But I think the best would be to implement an option for a custom path. For example, pressing Select or something like that when 3DSident is open where you can choose or type in a path. But I don't know how complicated that would be to implement.
And I have a suggestion for the png files. How about using date and time in the file name when they're created? Especially since you want to change to the button method so one might create more than one screenshot.

It's not too complicated, but it'll require more time than I have, so I won't be doing the whole select your own path feature. (I may never do it, so don't take my word lol) However, in the coming days, I'll be using the L+R combo to take screenshots, and I'll use your idea with using the date and time. If I do put these in the SD root, it will clutter up the root of your card, so it'll be better to use the screenshots folder, which the 3DS uses. So you won't require a /3DS/ folder anymore.

It's actually "i?0" but yea, .cia version and the non-GUI .cia version shows it fine. I mean it's nbd, just figured I'd try to help squash bugs. love the app!

Lol, I thought you meant the .cia one all along?
Of course the .3dsx one doesn't work properly, I have already stated that many times and even discontinued any support for the 3dsx versions, thanks for reporting anyway.

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I thought you meant the .cia one all along?
Of course the .3dsx one doesn't work properly, I have already stated that many times and even discontinued any support for the 3dsx versions, thanks for reporting anyway.

I have indeed been describing the GUI-based .cia this entire time. Sorry, I completely botched the phrasing in my last post.

I've only used .cia versions of your app, ever. So it's def still a thing/bug. Whether it's of any import is of course up to you :D

Last edited by sorabora,
Reactions: Joel16

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend removing older CIA builds from the releases page on github than compiling the 0.7.1 CIA with the Homebrew or other custom boot sequence to avoid any potential issues. other devs are changing theirs also.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to the show the screen manufacturer? I've heard there is more than one kind of IPS screen used and would like to know which company produced mine: Sharp or Japan Display.

Because I've heard that some IPS screens are better than others.

Well, I'll have to reverse engineer some of the GSPLCD functions to figure that out. I'm not looking forward to that, but there could be. There's still quite a lot of gsp:lcd functions we don't know about. Don't take my word though. Either way it's not happening from me, I'm kinda busy with school at the moment. An update should be ready once I get time to fix the ROM-FS bit.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DSident v0.7.2 is up.

@Aglaophotis, you and a few others had requested it so here it is.

Change-log:

Original:

• Now only refresh battery and sliders info (thanks SegFault42)
  • Display MCU firmware (arigato Hikari Chan)
GUI:

• Same as the above (except for the refresh stuff)
  • Switched to ROMFS, you'll no longer need to use the /3ds/3DSident folder.
  • Re-organized screenshots. Screenshots will be posted in sdmc:/screenshots. It will be posted in the following way format from now on: screenshot-day-month-year-num.png. Use L + R to take a screenshot.
  • New 'hardware' menu includes the following: (These are GUI exclusive, make the switch :P)
    • Headphone port status.
    • Card slot status.
    • SDMC status (if you're running this, then the answer is obvious)
  • You can now use the touch screen to scroll through sections. (thanks SegFault42)
Saying this once again, 3DSX builds are no longer tested or supported. Use them if you wish, but don't complain about incorrect results. I've already addressed this issue. The only reason they are there, is to allow users to check their firmware version in order for a successful downgrade.

mhGKR7O.png

FhHdWKo.png

Download

Last edited by Joel16,

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the update!
But I'm a bit confused.. I just tried the new version but it still creates screenshots automatically when closing the app, except that there's no config file to deactivate them now. L+R does nothing except closing the app the same way as any other button.
Sorry if I misunderstood something, but weren't the screenshots supposed to trigger only when pressing L+R? :huh:

pacoo2454

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update!
But I'm a bit confused.. I just tried the new version but it still creates screenshots automatically when closing the app, except that there's no config file to deactivate them now. L+R does nothing except closing the app the same way as any other button.
Sorry if I misunderstood something, but weren't the screenshots supposed to trigger only when pressing L+R? :huh:

are you using the gui version or command line version? I just ran into the same issue and realize I hadn't installed the gui version of the program. (I didn't even know there were two different versions until this morning)

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update!

My bad I thought you wanted to use the GUI. I'll do the same with the original one, and re-upload it. I'll edit this post once I've done that.

Edit: Welp, I'm gonna have to find another way since 3DSident uses any button to exit, the L+R combo isn't gonna work. I'll look into it in the coming days, my bad.

Last edited by Joel16,
Reactions: Aglaophotis

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just in case you didn't know, on the CIA Build, pressing the Home Button breaks the app (in other words hangs / freezes my N3DS XL, forcing me to hard shutdown by pressing and holding power button for like 30 goddamn seconds!). Any fixes for this bug? 'Cause anyone can screw up and repeat what I did pretty easily.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DSident v0.7.3 is up.

Change-log:

Original
  • Now displays current brightness.
GUI
  • Same as above.
  • Now displays if debug mode is enabled under misc menu.
  • Now uses new homebrew logo with updated buildtools.
  • Minor adjustments to GUI's text placement.
Please consider using the GUI since it no longer requires you to load external data + it does have some exclusive features. Overall it is cleaner and better supported. Also as always, 3DSX builds are no longer supported but they are here to assist in the downgrading process.

RYBw3e7.png

Download

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for double posting but 3DSident v0.7.3 has been re-uploaded. I finally managed to fix that infamous home button crash bug. EDIT: Also please vote on the poll above. I'm curious to know what most users consider.

Change-log:

Original
  • Now displays current brightness.
  • Fixed home button crash.
GUI
  • Same as above.
  • Now displays if debug mode is enabled under misc menu.
  • Now uses new homebrew logo with updated buildtools.
  • Minor adjustments to GUI's text placement.
Please consider using the GUI since it no longer requires you to load external data + it does have some exclusive features. Overall it is cleaner and better supported. Also as always, 3DSX builds are no longer supported but they are here to assist in the downgrading process.

RYBw3e7.png

Download

Last edited by Joel16,
Reactions: Rangnarok

piete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for this great app! Would it be possible to calculate a time estimate for a full charge when charging (like notebook batteries do)? I suppose the charging current/voltage is constant or at least predictable...

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this great app! Would it be possible to calculate a time estimate for a full charge when charging (like notebook batteries do)? I suppose the charging current/voltage is constant or at least predictable...

There might be a function that handles that in one of the services, I'm not too sure. I'll look into it later.

Reactions: piete

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0