Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Um, no thanks. I like Gateway's Cheat Menu too much for A9LH. And I know about NTR Debugger, and I think that it's a little easier to just use Gateway's Cheat Menu instead of launching BootNTR on my 2DS, then launching NTR Debugger on PC, yada, yada, et cetra, et cetra.
You modify anything on your sysnand? you are taking a big risk if you don't have a9lh.
Just install a9lh and put gateway payload as a9lh payload.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Um, no thanks. I like Gateway's Cheat Menu too much for A9LH. And I know about NTR Debugger, and I think that it's a little easier to just use Gateway's Cheat Menu instead of launching BootNTR on my 2DS, then launching NTR Debugger on PC, yada, yada, et cetra, et cetra.
You can use Gateway with a9lh. Just follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ after setting up a9lh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm doing this on emuNAND this time, so no worries there.
I don't think GodMode9 will run as a non-a9lh payload (i.e. from homebrew) on greater than 9.2. So unless your emuNAND is 9.2 or less you might be out of luck with your plan.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

rwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I'll stick with my gateway on 4.2 or whatever it is. Sure I load into it through the settings but hell it works flawlessly for me right now. And I love how easy it is to get and play games.

This seems like it might be a step in the make gateway actually obsolete direction but it's not there yet. Unless I am completely wrong and that far behind and there is a drag and drop installation method for CFW that doesn't include waiting forever for cia installation.

And dude below me is the reason I avoid this website as much as I do.

>using MSEThax
PLEBIAN ALERT

Last edited by rwn,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah, understandable. If somewhere in the future you find yourself lacking support or outdated just keep in mind hard working people are working for free for you to have options.

Probably you won't find them all in this forum and surely they don't care about you using gateway. If it works for you, great. If it stopped working for you somehow, we got you covered (probably). :D

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yea, I'll stick with my gateway on 4.2 or whatever it is. Sure I load into it through the settings but hell it works flawlessly for me right now. And I love how easy it is to get and play games.

This seems like it might be a step in the make gateway actually obsolete direction but it's not there yet. Unless I am completely wrong and that far behind and there is a drag and drop installation method for CFW that doesn't include waiting forever for cia installation.

You know you could run GW through a9lh right? No need to use Settings. You'd still have all your drag and drop goodness, but on a modern entrypoint.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel like an even better option would be to store the games unencrypted on the SD (would CFW patch and break existing content), so you can recover savedata, extdata, dlc, and games without decrypting anything. You can drop the games anywhere with CFW patch. We could get direct 3DS/CIA -> SD converters without needing bootrom keys :-)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what's wrong with a simple A9LH and freeShop setup. If you're entirely too impatient to wait for a game to download, then you really need to evaluate yourself. And to those still supporting GW and other flashcards, you still pose a risk for getting console banned. I don't understand why you would even put yourself in that position.

Reactions: Ricken

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what's wrong with a simple A9LH and freeShop setup. If you're entirely too impatient to wait for a game to download, then you really need to evaluate yourself. And to those still supporting GW and other flashcards, you still pose a risk for getting console banned. I don't understand why you would even put yourself in that position.
3DS SD card reader is slower then downloading with SD attached to computer.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and like I said, if you can't be patient enough to steal stuff, you seriously need to reevaluate yourself.
Couldn't the same be said for traditional CIA installation vs Freeshop? According to your logic, if downloading CIAs from the internet worked, why do we need Freeshop? What about Menuhax vs A9LH? Menuhax might not've had 100% boot rate, and was much slower; but according to your logic, it got the job done so we don't need A9LH. (Not trying to fight you about it, just pointing it out)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't the same be said for traditional CIA installation vs Freeshop? According to your logic, if downloading CIAs from the internet worked, why do we need Freeshop? What about Menuhax vs A9LH? Menuhax might not've had 100% boot rate, and was much slower; but according to your logic, it got the job done so we don't need A9LH. (Not trying to fight you about it, just pointing it out)
I guess the same could be said when it comes down to semantics, but I'm talking more on a moralistic level. People wanting instant gratification in this scenario really shows how entitled they feel. Also, freeShop is technically faster than downloading CIAs when you take the initial download, transfer, and installation into consideration.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Boogieboo6

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess the same could be said when it comes down to semantics, but I'm talking more on a moralistic level. People wanting instant gratification in this scenario really shows how entitled they feel. Also, freeShop is technically faster than downloading CIAs when you take the initial download, transfer, and installation into consideration.
Downloading zero-keyed installed content directly to SD (cd path/to/sd; curl -LOC - insert/url/here; then take out put SD into 3DS, then install ticket, which is a few kilobytes, to 3DS to make content available) is much faster then freeShop (on-device downloading without UHS-1 or wired connection or 802.11ac... however, it's dead simple, until nintendo decides to fix it) or CIA (cd path/to/download; curl -LOC - insert/url/here; cp filename path/to/sd; then your have to take out the SD then put it into your 3DS... and you need to install cia via FBI, which takes 2x space, to make content available)

There are different options for different people.

Last edited by uyjulian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them