Gaming Reinsert game card

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I made the mistake of removing Zelda without shutting down the software and now when I insert the card sometimes the switch doesn't recognise the card and I have to try it again - and it will work fine. Is there any chance that using this game will damage the switch in any way? The other games I have all work fine/first time.

Appreciate any advice!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch card slot is hot-swappable like 3DS, so that shouldn't have caused any problems.

Make sure the contacts aren't dirty.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is there any chance that using this game will damage the switch in any way?
it shouldn't...
theese things are usually "kids\costumers friendly" and they know people sometimes will do this...
in the first GB they even put a notch to lock the cartridge in place.. but in the GBC they removed that and didn't used again...
and if you notice, and if it's anything like the DS carts, some pins are taller than others, so when you eject it or insert, doesn't mess the stuff

now when I insert the card sometimes the switch doesn't recognise the card and I have to try it again
this is really odd to happen though... are ya sure it didn't happen before, or you didn''t do something with the card?

Last edited by migles,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I made the mistake of removing Zelda without shutting down the software and now when I insert the card sometimes the switch doesn't recognise the card and I have to try it again - and it will work fine. Is there any chance that using this game will damage the switch in any way? The other games I have all work fine/first time.

Appreciate any advice!
Umm the game is read only, so i don't think it will damage, but what do i know? People been playing cartridge games for years and silly exploits for removing games without shutting it off properly made it very encouraged at the risk of system damage. :P

maybe the save data which is stored on the system not the game card unlike the 3DS games. But never do that again, just remember to quit the game first then remove.

RitchieRitchie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, yeah, it is annoying as I tend to be pretty careful about stuff like this. Last night for the first time while I was actually playing zelda the notification flashed up that the card had been removed but on the home screen it appeared like the card was in. hey ho, all my other games are working fine so as long as it isn't damaging the switch it's not the end of the world!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1