Hacking Region Free Modchip

Da Foxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a bit confused, or I haven't been up to date with the Wii scene here. I have a simple question that I would like someone to answer for me. Is their a region free modchip out? Because I know a place where they can mod your Wii and the guy told me that the WiiKey can play games from other regions. Is this true? Thank you.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No modchips are completely region free.

Some are on the horizon, but I don't know their release dates or details, some people believe them to be rumors.

Wiikey is coming up soon, and according to their site, is NTSC region free. That means if you have a US NTSC, you can play JAP NTSC and the other way around.

PAL region-free is partially working, which is rumored to be full functionality NTSC backups on a PAL machine on 70% of currently released games.

Read for yourself:

http://wiikey.cn/

Da Foxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you.. I'll wait till I get a confirmation about this chip being region free. As of European games not working 100 percent doesn't concern me.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
It's a good idea to wait and get confirmation of features, especially after the whole Cyclowiz debacle.Â

I'm not that patient though, and pre-ordered Wiikey a few days ago. I trust the Xenogc team enough to give it a shot.
Heh, same here.
According to dude who will send me one, I should get it today, but guess I'll have to wait another week. Oh, well, patience is a virtue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: try 999 next time :)