Hacking Red Steel Patched to IOS 249

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm trying to run my Red Steel backup on my softmodded wii using usb loader 1.5 I can play all my other games but I can't play Red Steel. I patched it to IOS 249 and put it on my WBFS hard drive. But when I try to run it on my wii the screen goes green, then it shows the Presented by Nintendo screen then goes half green then the wii restarts I've also tried running it from a disk (DVD-R) using Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma and it does the same thing. And without the patch it goes to the Presented by nintendo screen and freezes. I'm not sure what to do even though I have quite a bit of hacking experiance. I have also searched the internet with no avail. Should I maybe patch it to a different IOS?

Thanks

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Wilabob said:
Hi, I'm trying to run my Red Steel backup on my softmodded wii using usb loader 1.5 I can play all my other games but I can't play Red Steel. I patched it to IOS 249 and put it on my WBFS hard drive. But when I try to run it on my wii the screen goes green, then it shows the Presented by Nintendo screen then goes half green then the wii restarts I've also tried running it from a disk (DVD-R) using Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma and it does the same thing. And without the patch it goes to the Presented by nintendo screen and freezes. I'm not sure what to do even though I have quite a bit of hacking experiance. I have also searched the internet with no avail. Should I maybe patch it to a different IOS?

Thanks

I have had the same problem with red steel, it loads the "nintendo" screen and hangs there

Im on USB loader GX, cIOS249 latest rev wii 4.1E

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
Use an ALT DOL loading method. A lot of the loaders support this in some way.

As far as I am aware. There is no way to play a backup of Red Steel as of right now not even with the alt dol. See HERE for a list of games that currently don't work.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markedmanner said:
As far as I am aware. There is no way to play a backup of Red Steel as of right now not even with the alt dol. See HERE for a list of games that currently don't work.

^Wrong^

this game plays fine with alt dol. i haven't beat it, but i know for sure it loads up and you can play the first few levels. which means that it does skip the "licensed by nintendo" screen and if it makes it past that, then there is no other dol for it to switch to so you can probably play the whole game from there.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
markedmanner said:

^Wrong^

this game plays fine with alt dol. i haven't beat it, but i know for sure it loads up and you can play the first few levels. which means that it does skip the "licensed by nintendo" screen and if it makes it past that, then there is no other dol for it to switch to so you can probably play the whole game from there.

I can second this. Works fine with alt.dol, although do not leave it on the title screen without any input for too long or it will crash.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game works with alternative .dol loading, but some loaders may cause glitches, NeoGamma does that for example.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently WBFS for Mac OS X can do this automatically, just click make homebrew channel. I will also try the wii scrubber method if it doesn't work. I patched the game to ios to 249 will it still work if I have the patch? Or will I have to undo it somehow?

D

Deleted-119707

i never had problems with this. i downloaded it, patched 249, used wiibrickblocker burned it and loaded great. i tried using a usb loader and still great.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alexrose said:
Go to USB loader GX and load alternative dol from disc in options.
Tried this and it goes to black screen, do I have to remove the 249 ios patch for this to work? I tried the make homebrew channel and it did the same as loading it from usb loader 1.5 I still have yet to try the wii scrubber method but I won't keep my hopes up. Is there any to remove the IOS patch?

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wilabob said:
Alexrose said:
Tried this and it goes to black screen, do I have to remove the 249 ios patch for this to work? I tried the make homebrew channel and it did the same as loading it from usb loader 1.5 I still have yet to try the wii scrubber method but I won't keep my hopes up. Is there any to remove the IOS patch?

I was wrong you can get Red Steel to work with the ALT DOL method. What you have to do is have an ISO of the game on your computer and open it in Wii scrubber. And extract "redsteel.dol" from the ISO and rename it to "REDE41.dol" then put the REDE41.dol file on the root of your SD card. Then open up USB loader GX and enable alt dol. Then it should work. More on this HERE

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
markedmanner said:
Wilabob said:
Alexrose said:

I was wrong you can get Red Steel to work with the ALT DOL method. What you have to do is have an ISO of the game on your computer and open it in Wii scrubber. And extract "redsteel.dol" from the ISO and rename it to "REDE41.dol" then put the REDE41.dol file on the root of your SD card. Then open up USB loader GX and enable alt dol. Then it should work. More on this HERE
I did exactly that, I extracted the redsteel.dol and renamed it REDE41.dol and put it on the root of my sd and usb loader gx recognizes it. I tried to use the boot from alt .dol from sd and it loades to a black screen. Is the problem because I'm trying to run it from the SD when Red Steel is on my external hard drive? I tried loading from disk and that takes me to a black screen aswell. What should I do?

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I got it to work, So here is a tutorial for what I did.
1. Download Oggzee's CFG loader found: here
2. Take the redsteel.dol and rename it to REDE.dol (without the numbers)
3. Move it to SD:/usb-loader (one of the folders included with the loader)
4. Then move the SDUSB-Loader_cfg37.1/inSDRoot/apps/USBLoader folder to your SD:/apps/ folder
5. Run it in the homebrew channel
6. Press 1 (or whatever starts the options) and switch the alt dol option to from sd.
7. PLAY YOUR GAME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?