Gaming red steel or call of duty ?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yesterday I finished Red Steel, and I must say I really enjoyed that.
But lately I've looked back at all my stored N64, DC, GCN and PC games and I thought that having such a big pile of unused stuffed in my room just make me feel sick.
My new philosofy now is to play a brand new game on the Wii, and enjoy it as the hype is high and the game is still innovative, and as soon as I finish it go to ebgames and trade-in for something new.
This was I would keep only classic with an infinite replay value(like Space Invaders or Pac-man
smile.gif
) and aslo make huge savings on software.
So to come back to the initial question, today I went to eb-games and traded in Red Steel + 2 GC games for a wooping 35.20 store credit, and got the brand new Call of duty 3 for the Wii.
I only had to pay $16.03 fo it this way, and I won't have to look over my huge collection of no more played video games in one year from now.
I am planning to trade in each finished Wii game along with a couple of GC games every now and then and get new ones, untill I will clear up my pile of unused games.
I played Call of Duty for like half an hour only but it seems a bit better control-wise then red steel, in fact is much closer to a PC shooter.
The graphics don't matter anyway since I got a Wii, and this kind of World War inspired games never really impressed me.
Defenetly I liked much better Red Steel action-movie style story then the war inspired CoD3, but I was desperate to try something new and I went for it. The fact that you have granades and bullets contantly flying over your head it's really a little too cahotic for me, while in Red steel there were times when you just wolk around and talk to people that made it so accetable. Plus I'm gonna miss the sword fighting he he.......
So my vote goes for Red Steel, if you can master the aiming than you will enjoy it !
Sorry about all the OOT chat.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird to see all the different opinions. I've played both COD3 and Red Steel.

COD control is hindering and really not that good. Also in one session (we rented the game) we got halfway throught the game. This means the game will be finished in 2 days and has no multiplayer.

Red steel, we played 5 nights and the games says we are 60% through. Much longer and i really prefer red steel controls by a huge margin. It also has multi local, helps with replayability.

Keep in mind, i don't usually play console FPS, last i've played one is goldeneye64 and Quake 2 on PS1. I play them on PC with a mouse/keyboard setup wich is the definite best way to play them for efficacity.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Red Steel vs. COD3?

Red Steel wins! The controls are more fluid and easy to pick up, the presentation of the game is great, like Max Payne 1. The story is engaging and fun. COD3 is just blah, with awkward controls. The developers of COD3 for the Wii just didn't 'get' it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi: