Recommend Entry Level MMO RPGgames

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this thread, I ask that people submit suggestions for entry level MMO RPG games, and I mean Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing games. Not MOBA Multiplayer Online Battle Arena games. That means games such as final fantasy XIV (14) Where the game play is that of a roleplaying game but is online multiplayer. (Why am i explaining this? You probably don't even care at this point)

Since I seem to get "FINAL FANTASY XIV" as a response constantly every time i ask someone, I pushing for a temporary no mention rule, means for the time being please do not mention Final Fantasy, until you no longer see this message. I want to get other ideas of the kind of MMORPG games available.

Please also list what type of game it is. Is the game free or free to play, is the game a paid product or subscription based, does it have a paywall, what kind of microtransactions does it have. Just to explain some of the questions.

• Free, the game is completely free and requires no payment at any point
  • Free, to play, access to the game is free but have optional in game purchases instead requires money to buy upgrades
  • Paid, the game requires payment to play either download or retail
  • Subscription, requires recurring fee (Varies depending on game, ranges between number of days, weeks or months) that allows player to continue playing for extended periods
  • Paywall, limits the player to a extent that makes progress difficult or impossible unless in game purchases are made (most useful content is locked by normal means and only available through purchase)
  • Microtransaction, best described as small in game purchasable content, most of which usually is done to speed up a long series of process in some games, obtain in game currency used for various reasons and obtain lots of rare goods in bundles.
If any of these are inaccurate, please comment below to help refine this, otherwise, you can share the games you suggest (Except ones with final fantasy in the title)

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
The Elder Scrolls Online
- One-time Buy, No Subscription Required, Includes Microtransactions (for Cosmetics, not P2W in any way)
- Includes substantial expansion content sold separately (think FFXIV: Heavensward), can be bought individually permanently or is included in ESO Plus subscription (not required to play the game) for the duration of the subscription
- Optional ESO Plus membership grants access to all DLC, extra EXP boost, and some quality of life upgrades like more bank/inventory space

I like this game because it's meant to be familiar to those coming from the single-player Elder Scrolls games while also providing a robust MMO experience. Very easy for beginners to get into since it tries to cater to players who until now played only single-player games.
You'll hear people say this game is bad, but they've likely only experienced it at launch. Since launch, it has improved remarkably and feels completely different from how it did back in 2014. Worth giving a try if you're looking for an easy MMO to get into, bonus if you're an Elder Scrolls fan.

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Twin Saga/ Aura Kingdom etc.
They are Free to play, but there are also "Microtransaction", like you can buy stuff for real money that can really speed up your game, like a fast pet. (Sorry for this bad joke xD)
And these are Anime MMORPGs btw, so yeah.
I like it, but i cant really explain it lol.
Go to aeriagames.com, there you can see for your self.

EDIT: And you can browse the MMORPG subreddit if you want too.

Last edited by pandavova,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A free-to-play game I can suggest is Guild Wars 2, since it has a ton of content and will keep you busy for at least 50 or so hours, while being incredibly easy to get into. It doesn't have any complicated mechanics for simple play, but if you want to get deeper into it you can craft items/equipment, do PvP and so on. It's mainly PvE and relatively easy, especially if you are playing with someone else, while making sure that even after you level up a lot you won't be OP when going back to older areas (it lowers your level temporarily to the max level allowed for that area to give you a challenge). As I said, a lot of content and besides some things like sending items to others, trading rare items, being unable to buy the really OP armors/weapons or do some guild stuff, etc. you can do everything that isn't end-game just fine and it's balanced so even people who have paid for the expansion (one time purchase) will have the same difficulty up to lv 80 (where the expansion starts).

Twin Saga/ Aura Kingdom etc.
They are Free to play, but there are also "Microtransaction", like you can buy stuff for real money that can really speed up your game, like a fast pet. (Sorry for this bad joke xD)
And these are Anime MMORPGs btw, so yeah.
I like it, but i cant really explain it lol.
Go to aeriagames.com, there you can see for your self.
Aura Kingdom while an AMAZING free MMO RPG, doesn't allow new players to join anymore, only old accounts work now. However there may be some exceptions to this.

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aura Kingdom while an AMAZING free MMO RPG, doesn't allow new players to join anymore, only old accounts work now. However there may be some exceptions to this.
Wut? Really? I will try this now...
Edit: Created a new acc, it works. Source?
Edit2: Even played trough the Tutorial, it works xD

Last edited by pandavova,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wut? Really? I will try this now...
Edit: Created a new acc, it works. Source?
Edit2: Even played trough the Tutorial, it works xD
They made an announcement couple months back saying they would stop allowing new accounts since the game would be discontinued within 2 years, guess they changed it... It was on the monthly emails they send, thought they went through with it.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this, I don't remember how long ago, but i found it in my steam wish list, probably had interest in it but forgot.

Says is a one time purchase with free updates for life, "Dragon quest 3 meets World of Warcraft" NES 8-bit inspired MMO game that can be played alone, with friends in co-op or against them. If anyone played it and wish to comment, that be nice. http://store.steampowered.com/app/249550/NEStalgia/

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I found this, I don't remember how long ago, but i found it in my steam wish list, probably had interest in it but forgot.

Says is a one time purchase with free updates for life, "Dragon quest 3 meets World of Warcraft" NES 8-bit inspired MMO game that can be played alone, with friends in co-op or against them. If anyone played it and wish to comment, that be nice. http://store.steampowered.com/app/249550/NEStalgia/

I have played it, it's ok-ish, but I wouldn't call it "entry level", it's more for people who are used to the old JRPG menu screens since it can be a bit hard to get used to for people just starting out... Decent game, not great but not bad either though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit