Hacking Reasons why I am buying Ez-flash Vi. What do you guys think?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
So to be COMPLETELY FAIR.

I tried my EZ Flash Vi out again. it passed all of the good games that I wanted to play for the most part. Pokemon Black, Yugioh 2011, Jump, Ouendan, Dragon Quest IX, Ghost Trick, Golden Sun, Rune Factory 3 all worked fine.

Taiko no Tatsujin 3 (Taiko Drum Master) was the only game that didn't run clean, on normal OR and Special Mode.

I DO love the build quality -- One of my FAVORITE things about it is the fact that the MICRO SD IS ON THE SIDE of the cart.
happy.gif
Why don't more companies do that?
hate2.gif

So yeah. I take back most negative things I said. It's a great cart... but I still fear the day when it somehow stops getting support before the other popular carts...
unsure.gif

ONE OTHER THING, even if it does not really matter, I figure I should say it. If you have an EZ Flash 3 in 1, at ANY point in the future, the EZ Flash V is the ONLY cart which can write multiple roms to the 3 in 1's NOR (in otherwords, make a Multicart game). Even though other carts can write/load to NOR, they can only do one game at a time. If you use an older FW, you can write several (I have Sonic Advance 1, 2, and SMA:2 all on it right now). It's just another notable thing about the cart.

ALSO. DO NOT get the i Edge. it sucks.

D

Deleted-236924

RoMee said:
complaining about the battery is like saying you rather drive a 134HP toyota prius, because the 430HP mustang cobra eats too much gas.
You know what?
I'd choose the first one because it saves gas.

D

Deleted-236924

There is absolutely no reason for me to choose whichever one wastes the most resources.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I love my EZ5i, but with it's game compatibility issue and slow updates I stop using it.
and that's the reason why I rather use my dstwo, along with GBA, and the best realtime menu, cheats, saves, etc

complaining about the battery is like saying you rather drive a 134HP toyota prius, because the 430HP mustang cobra eats too much gas.

I guess I'm lucky, almost nothing I'm interested in playing is broken on the EZ5. If got a completely filled 16GB SD in mine and every game on it (that isn't Puzzle Quest 2) works, and that's not because I hand selected them using a compatibility list. (PQ2 works on the 2.x kernels, as do some of the other broken games, BTW.)

As far as the power issue is a concern, I DO expect it to suck more juice when I'm using the on board CPU, not to say I wish it didn't take less. :-) That's not really my complaint though, it's that it's kind of a pig even when running normal DS stuff.

QUOTE(Schlupi @ Jul 5 2011, 10:06 PM) I DO love the build quality -- One of my FAVORITE things about it is the fact that the MICRO SD IS ON THE SIDE of the cart.
happy.gif
Why don't more companies do that?
hate2.gif

Yeah, I don't like the spring-loaded, top-side SD slot on any cart that employs it. I've accidentally launched my SD into the ether from my SCDS2, took me 1/2 an hour to find the damn thing. I also appreciate my flash cart not advertising that it is one.

Don't get me wrong though, guys, I like my SCDS2 and I'm glad I bought it. All it's extra features are great when I want them, and they're what I bought it for... I just don't use them enough to turn the SCDS2 into my cart of choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro