Gaming Rear Touch Pad Ideas?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that you can say that the Rear Touchpad is the Vita's "3D" effect compared to the 3DS. It's not used much, but it makes games more "interesting".

I'd rather have a touchpad then 3D. It actually DOES something.

Reactions: 1 person

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:
I guess that you can say that the Rear Touchpad is the Vita's "3D" effect compared to the 3DS. It's not used much, but it makes games more "interesting".

The 3D adds 3D visual to the 3DS?
Now, I am far from impressed with the 3D effects so far, but that doesnt mean Nintendo needs to get bashed for that.

The REAR touchpad.. okay throw it at me, I have no problem, but it could make things difficult if the game MUST use it.

3D not comparable to rear touchpad :/

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Slyakin said:

3D actually adds on to the details of the played game, but I'm sure with the PSV's graphics, that isn't needed.

3DS, at 400 X 240 in 3D mode, would certainly need that 3D for extra detail.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Slyakin said:

The 3D adds 3D visual to the 3DS?
Now, I am far from impressed with the 3D effects so far, but that doesnt mean Nintendo needs to get bashed for that.

The REAR touchpad.. okay throw it at me, I have no problem, but it could make things difficult if the game MUST use it.

3D not comparable to rear touchpad :/
I'm comparing them in usefulness, but I just noticed how poorly worded my post was.

I meant to say that it's just another feature that devs can use. It's not crucial, but it's there.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the look of the touchpad, personally. true, they haven't done a whole lot with it yet, but the games will come I'm sure.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Now that I think of it, (don't bash me) it gives pet games a very natural feel. Front and back. Far better than Nintendogs 3D where dogs just pop in front and you're touching the air.

It can be used for aiming, accuracy for sporting games, or maybe even shooter games.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Slyakin said:
The only good use I've seen for it was the Little Deviants game...

To be honest, who knows the crazy shit that these devs can do with it.
They at first complained about what the f**k they can incorporate with it.

Well, all that's needed is actually brainstorming.

Arsic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jun 9 2011, 02:05 PM)

QUOTE(Tanveer @ Jun 9 2011, 09:03 AM)

QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jun 9 2011, 02:00 PM)
I really don't get the point in putting in a rear touch pad. I mean is it really going to be that useful?

It may be useful in some games. But I was thinking of its accuracy o.o
We cant see where we are touching behind the PSV
tongue.gif
!

It really doesn't seem that useful, honestly it seems redundant and just seems like a new feature they threw in there just for bragging rights.

Well, yes. We would have survived without the rear touchpad lol.
They are just trying to increase the ways of controlling a game and introducing new ideas.

As far as I understood, the touch controls are optional for the games of the PSV?
This is true for touch screens in general.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, didn't read the topic that much beyond first page... It's not that i'm lazy, I'm trying to be fast thanks to my bad internet.

The rear touch pad is somewhat strage at first, but if there are going to be ps2 ports or even emulation [doubt it, but wel...] the touch pad can give you "extra buttons".
Say, if there was emulation of a ps2, or even a ps1 game running on the VITA OS, not the psp emulation, how would you press "R2" and "L2"? I say the top sides of the touch pad. What about L&R3 for the games that supported it? The lower sides. The DS does that a friggin' lot with the lower screen.

Just something I was wondering about when I saw something about ps2 games on it.

Edit: someone beat me to it, lol

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
To make it easier to use the touch screen while still using the buttons perhaps? The 3DS stylus is so annoying to get out and point on the screen every time you want to use it...
SPECIALLY since it's placed on the LEFT, and not on the RIGHT, like the DS classic, DS lite.... not sure about DSi, but whatever. WHAT WAS NINTENDO THINKING~

iHavezMyBirdo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To make it easier to use the touch screen while still using the buttons perhaps? The 3DS stylus is so annoying to get out and point on the screen every time you want to use it...
SPECIALLY since it's placed on the LEFT, and not on the RIGHT, like the DS classic, DS lite.... not sure about DSi, but whatever. WHAT WAS NINTENDO THINKING~
DSi stylus placement is the same as the DS Lite. Right-handed people always had the advantage up to now :P

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
DSi stylus placement is the same as the DS Lite. Right-handed people always had the advantage up to now :P

First Link turns Right-handed, then the DSs turn Left-handed. What next? Gannon gonna take a Light Arrow to the knee or something?

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-