United States

fengjunzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to hypnotize you:

It's called emuNAND, You want emuNAND, you'd better use emuNAND, you are meant to use emuNAND, emuNAND, emuNAND, emuNAND
repeat after me: e-m-u-N-A-N-D!
e-m-u-N-A-N-D!e-m-u-N-A-N-D!e-m-u-N-A-N-D!e-m-u-N-A-N-D!e-m-u-N-A-N-D!e-m-u-N-A-N-D!e-m-u-N-A-N-D!

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I update why ReiNand CFW is loaded, will only my emuNAND get updated? I see people saying ReiNand only uses the emuNAND and not the sys.
If O3DS then yes, you should (hopefully) be able to run system update when ReiNAND is loaded. However, it provides no indicator on whether it is or not in settings, so you may want to temporarily use RxTools which does. Without an indicator, you need to be 100% certain you're in the right NAND or else you'll be in a world of trouble.

If N3DS then no. Theoretically the above would apply but the highest EmuNAND supported on N3DS is 9.5, and thus updating to 9.9 will just break the EmuNAND even if done correctly.

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to get the seeddb.bin from my System.
For this, I need a Nand with 9.6 or higher.
Is it possible to create a EmuNAND which I can update to 9.9 (does not need to run on ReiNAND) and decrypt it after this?

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If O3DS then yes, you should (hopefully) be able to run system update when ReiNAND is loaded. However, it provides no indicator on whether it is or not in settings, so you may want to temporarily use RxTools which does. Without an indicator, you need to be 100% certain you're in the right NAND or else you'll be in a world of trouble.

If N3DS then no. Theoretically the above would apply but the highest EmuNAND supported on N3DS is 9.5, and thus updating to 9.9 will just break the EmuNAND even if done correctly.

Thanks DKabot. One more thing that is unclear, do I need unlinked Nands or can I just run this fine being linked?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to get the seeddb.bin from my System.
For this, I need a Nand with 9.6 or higher.
Is it possible to create a EmuNAND which I can update to 9.9 (does not need to run on ReiNAND) and decrypt it after this?
You've been told a million times already, NO. Emunand higher than 9.5 WON'T BOOT on n3ds currently...So without a hard mod to backup/restore with you're out of luck.

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks DKabot. One more thing that is unclear, do I need unlinked Nands or can I just run this fine being linked?
Unlinked/Linked has to do with installed CIAs and home layout more than accidentally doing things to SysNAND. If you can, unlinked is generally preferred but there's nothing wrong with linked so long as you know which one you're in and don't enter data management on SysNAND.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlinked/Linked has to do with installed CIAs and home layout more than accidentally doing things to SysNAND. If you can, unlinked is generally preferred but there's nothing wrong with linked so long as you know which one you're in and don't enter data management on SysNAND.

Straight noob question lol. What is bad about entering management on SysNAND? I have noticed after messing with this thing for 1 week that when I go to SysNAND there is always some fixing of the data or reset. I just thought it was fixing errors lol

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Straight noob question lol. What is bad about entering management on SysNAND? I have noticed after messing with this thing for 1 week that when I go to SysNAND there is always some fixing of the data or reset. I just thought it was fixing errors lol
CIAs leave info on the NAND when installed. When you have linked NANDs you wind up with titles installed in the folder for one NAND that it does not recognize, thus it deletes it immediately when you enter data management.
An unlinked EmuNAND uses a different folder thus not having this issue

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIAs leave info on the NAND when installed. When you have linked NANDs you wind up with titles installed in the folder for one NAND that it does not recognize, thus it deletes it immediately when you enter data management.
An unlinked EmuNAND uses a different folder thus not having this issue

Damnit that explains what happen lol with my original installatio. I been telling the vendor off who sold me the SD Card thinking it was a faulty card lol.

THANKS DKABOT

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same issue here. Supposedly a 9.5 EmuNAND doesn't have this issue, but presently you need a Gateway to do the update.
Tried H&S injection, can't find the details on how the files for injection are done though and the app is different on N3DS. Even after using other tools to get to the Fat16 partition and try to modify it, it can't boot FBI from it (naturally) as I don't have files to inject.

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What don't you just install a cia installer on your sysnand with pasta before creating the emunand?
I can't launch it, as SD apps take too long to appear. System apps I can launch in the 2 second window, SD I can't.
What, you don't think I didn't try that?

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't launch it, as SD apps take too long to appear. System apps I can launch in the 2 second window, SD I can't.
What, you don't think I didn't try that?

I think you have a serious misunderstanding.
If you install a cia installer (e.g. FBI, devmenu, bbm..) then format emunand, you can use the same cia installer in the emunand.
If you want to unlink nands, eject sd card and format sysnand. even if you do that, you can still use cia installer in the emunand

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install a cia installer (e.g. FBI, devmenu, bbm..) then format emunand, you can use the same cia installer in the emunand.
If you want to unlink nands, eject sd card and format sysnand. even if you do that, you can still use cia installer in the emunand
The system menu crashes 2 seconds into boot, with the only solution I've seen being "update the EmuNAND to 9.5" which the only ways to do are a CIA installer or a hardmod.
I don't have a hardmod, the system menu crashes before a CIA installer can be launched normally (though theoretically it might if injected into H&S as I can launch system apps which show up faster) and I don't have a Gateway to run a CIA installer in a working environment.
I don't know what you think my issue is, but if it was something that could be dealt with by installing a CIA installer .cia then I wouldn't have an issue.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The system menu crashes 2 seconds into boot, with the only solution I've seen being "update the EmuNAND to 9.5" which the only ways to do are a CIA installer or a hardmod.
I don't have a hardmod, the system menu crashes before a CIA installer can be launched normally (though theoretically it might if injected into H&S as I can launch system apps which show up faster) and I don't have a Gateway to run a CIA installer in a working environment.
I don't know what you think my issue is, but if it was something that could be dealt with by installing a CIA installer .cia then I wouldn't have an issue.

Here is how to fix this problem since it seems a few have some complications:

Get 3DNUS and download 9.5.0-23 firmware for your n3ds. Put the folder into your SD card.
Get the Reinand beta version and use it to get into emuNAND. This version is btw very stable from my experience.
From there, use BBM, Devmenu etc and install ALL cias from the firmware folder. L+R+A I think it was.
It will skip a few files, that's completely okay.
When it's done, shut down the n3DS, take out the SD card and put the new reinand version into your SD card overwriting the beta one.
Start your 3DS and start boot Reinand, you are done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...