CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If I may ask a question, what is the reason for sleep mode support for 3.X not being implemented yet? I'm curious if there is any way for the rest of us to help you, if possible.
nx bootloader does some things differently. I have to research it now that I finished with v3.0.

A chainloading capability?

One small binary with the very basic stuff like hw init, FatFS + some chainloading logic. This one gets injected by a fusee loader.

An other binary blob with all the hekate-ipl features that you offload onto your sd card and which gets auto loaded by the first binary if it is detected on your sd card.

So if we have a DIY fusee loader device (a Trinket M0 for example) we only have to flash it once. If you want to update hekate, then all you have to do is to replace the bin located on your sd card.
This would be an awesome solution for internal modchips.

This would also make an other cool feature possible. If there is no sd card inserted or there is no hekate/cfw stuff on it, the console resets and boots the ofw. This would prevent you from ever booting into horizon with a inserted sd card with homebrew stuff on it.

Does this make any sense? Is it doable?
Could be done. But you can still use the trinket and make it load a different payload.
Anyway, someone done this request in the repo site. So I have it in mind.
@CTCaer is there a way to still use our switchblade custom splashes, or do we have to remake/convert them?
You have to convert them.
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/blob/master/README_BOOTLOGO.md

BMP RGBA (32bit) is the way to go.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just took a huge NAND dump.

Still took ~75 minutes (i appreciate that it automatically converts into min+sec now), but it's worth it if that means it's definitely verifying OK. No verification errors this time (i used a different SD card this time).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if we can provide nice suggestions, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for EmuNAND. Hard to tell what the status of EmuNAND is on naehrwert's end but I bet me and a lot of other people would love to play around with an EmuNAND partition.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, there's a reason for that.
Big reason.

Performance. If I support raw RGB or BMP RGB, the loading of only the bootlogo takes 3.5 seconds.
With BMP RGBA takes 254 milliseconds.
Awesome, That's a big difference in boot times.

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But you can still use the trinket and make it load a different payload.
Sure, but you always would have to reflash the trinket and this becomes even more inconvenient if the trinket is built into your console.

I imagine a built in trinket that on every coldboot triggers the rcm mode, executes fusee gelee and injects a basic, hekate based bootloader that looks for a inserted sd card and a binary (the full featured hekate-ipl) on it that can be loaded. If no binary has been detected, the basic bootloader resets the console which then boots into Horizon.

So you have a pretty save solution loading your homebrew stuff without the risk of accidently booting Horizon with a inserted hacky sd card.

For me and probably many others it would be the perfect solution.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With "full" Atmosphere, what kind of things can we do now? Can we change the album icon to a HBL one?

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Polymore
This is not possible with just the original FW because of the mismatch of burnt efuses. The older 4.1 simply wouldn't boot.
May be possible with Atmosphere which could disable/bypass the efuse check.

Polymore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it was possible to run older backups using CFW as in temporarily booting it not permanently booting

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@CTCaer Just a heads up, the 4.1.0 kernel patch from Atmosphere doesn't actually seem to work. I've got a commit to my fork here that resolves the issue: https://github.com/TheDgtl/hekate/commit/5cf182148f37ca26822a1aaa0936b12ff74185fe

Looks like whoever copied it during the initial port from Falo's SwitchToolbox over to Atmos ended up copying some things wrong in this commit: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...419fc7c#diff-5041d7257c8ff4a26cee363fb725b6aa

I'll be opening a PR to Atmos, and can open one for Hekate if you haven't fixed it by the time I get around to it.

Information on the patch I used in my current test build:
Source for the patch: https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/page-4#post-8060787
Gist of the original patch source: https://gist.github.com/TheDgtl/2e6601e0cc617ecfa7402c1b8a9e0d6e

Reactions: JJTapia19

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, I'm on 4.1 and can't seem to get Exosphere or any recent kips running. I can get it to work with a pre-patched (out of date patch) kernel and some older kips. I'm building Atmosphere from master, is there a particular commit or branch I should be building from?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@CTCaer Just a heads up, the 4.1.0 kernel patch from Atmosphere doesn't actually seem to work. I've got a commit to my fork here that resolves the issue: https://github.com/TheDgtl/hekate/commit/5cf182148f37ca26822a1aaa0936b12ff74185fe

Looks like whoever copied it during the initial port from Falo's SwitchToolbox over to Atmos ended up copying some things wrong in this commit: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...419fc7c#diff-5041d7257c8ff4a26cee363fb725b6aa

I'll be opening a PR to Atmos, and can open one for Hekate if you haven't fixed it by the time I get around to it.

Information on the patch I used in my current test build:
Source for the patch: https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/page-4#post-8060787
Gist of the original patch source: https://gist.github.com/TheDgtl/2e6601e0cc617ecfa7402c1b8a9e0d6e
LOL, that answers it.

Reactions: Drakia

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought it was possible to run older backups using CFW as in temporarily booting it not permanently booting
Like I said, with Atmosphere, which isn't ready yet, it would be possible. But it would't be a temoprary solution if you write this backup into your eMMC and you would never again be able to boot the OFW without cfw patches.

D

Deleted_444986

@CTCaer if you want i can provide daily compiled binary of atmosphere based on last commits.
if you are ok please dm me
thanks for this 3.0

Reactions: Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P