CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Rap DOES NOT suck.

People need to understand that it is it's own thing, and it is NOT real music. Now don't get me wrong I like rap occasionally when I am looking for a simple repetitive beat as background music, but seriously... it would be my last choice for something TALENTED to listen to.

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't like rap, but I don't like a lot of other genres, too.
You don't have to make a whole thread just to bash something you dislike.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Never cared for rap myself. Seems like all it is is blah-blah-blah and BOOOM-BOOOM-BOOOM. The bass is what annoys me the most. It's like just because someone likes rap, they figure it's fine to annoy everyone else with the unnatural bass and play it way too loud. Makes me feel like grabbing a baseball bat and bashing some inconsiderate bastard's heads.

You're just plain stereotypical about rap because you never understood what it was about! I was born in the late 80's okay, so I know what rap is really about! Rap was an important element to wake up the subconsciousness minds from the ignorant masses inside the projects. It did very well until the corporation of the media decided to fucking ruinin' it with bad imaginary of alcohol, sexual exploitation, weaponry, and crime. If you seriously listen to rap from the late 80's/90's you will find out that there was a story behind ever rap song.

Also the bass part is from that hood mentality, I don't understand it myself but I don't like blasting music so loud that your eardrums literally 'pops' by each BOOM! Also I don't really listen to rap like that either, I'm just correcting your stereotypical remark. Like metal doesn't do enough damage as it is...

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate people who say they hate rap just because the only rap they know is the shit on the radio.

There's a reason why Hip-Hop is dying, because it's just the huge rappers rhyming over a drum machine. Jesus.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well rap does suck. im a metal/heavy metal/thrash metal/screamo/electronica/techno kind of guy. But i like stuff like eminem, wu tang clan, etc. that doesn't disgrace the african american community (im not one of them im just pointing that out)

D

Deleted_171835

Rap sucks, in my opinion. Losers yelling slang at one another. Those people are less talented than a rat working out with steroids. I've never seen "good" rap and I highly doubt I'll see one that's decent now. It was bull-shit yesterday and it's still bull-shit today.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to op
go listen to something else besides 50 cent and artists stealing background beats from other songs

Public Enemy and RUN DMC were prime in the early days, NAS and B.I.G. aswell
even some of enimen's early stuff is very good (cant say the same now)

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Rayder said:
Never cared for rap myself. Seems like all it is is blah-blah-blah and BOOOM-BOOOM-BOOOM. The bass is what annoys me the most. It's like just because someone likes rap, they figure it's fine to annoy everyone else with the unnatural bass and play it way too loud. Makes me feel like grabbing a baseball bat and bashing some inconsiderate bastard's heads.

You're just plain stereotypical about rap because you never understood what it was about! I was born in the late 80's okay, so I know what rap is really about! Rap was an important element to wake up the subconsciousness minds from the ignorant masses inside the projects. It did very well until the corporation of the media decided to fucking ruinin' it with bad imaginary of alcohol, sexual exploitation, weaponry, and crime. If you seriously listen to rap from the late 80's/90's you will find out that there was a story behind ever rap song.

Also the bass part is from that hood mentality, I don't understand it myself but I don't like blasting music so loud that your eardrums literally 'pops' by each BOOM! Also I don't really listen to rap like that either, I'm just correcting your stereotypical remark. Like metal doesn't do enough damage as it is...

Exactly. If I didn't know any better, I could just as easily say heavy metal(or pretty much non 80's rock) is just screaming over a few electric guitar strings. Then go as far as to say, anything that isn't symphony orchestrated music is pretty much crap.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes rise up my brethren and together we will destroy this evil known as rap from corrupting peoples minds!

(or maybe at least get a sticky >.>)

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I love Rap. Especially mixtapes. Also I agree with Joe88, most of you guys probably never heard of mixtapes before. That's the scene of rap.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeh i listen to some rap. I like a mix of music. I have loads of friends liking different music types and so there always tellin me artists to listen to. I used to love Eminem but i think his new stuff is horrible. Its so mainstream and just not even rap.

I h8 people when they just hate different types of music. U may not like it but it doesnt make it suck. You shud all try to keep and open mind when coming to music

Every few weeks i change what music i listen to as i like to see hear different styles and artists. E.g the artists i listened to the last few months

September : Nickleback, Youmeatsix ( Good friends with the bass player ), Snowpatrol
October : Dragonforce ( Seeing them on Dec 11th ), Slipknot, System of a Down
November : Darren Styles, Ultrabeat, Cahill, Frisco ( Going to Clubland 3 Live )

So dont start sayin how bad certain genres of music are as i cud start a topic on how bad for example heavy metal was and people wud agree but i wudnt make it tru

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Rock Raiyu said:
OMFG said:
It sucks and makes no sense!

Poorly written songs made by random people to make some easy money.
Rock.
rolleyes.gif
Specially heavy metal.

In Rock, the guitars, the bass and the drums and the vocals are highlights. Writing 4 instruments takes much more talent, the beat of the rock drums are better than drum machines, heard of Neil Peart or John Bonham? And the guitar parts need much more than just riffs, successful bands use more technique, and also have great solos. And the vocalists are much more special and don't just use autotune and sound the same. Robert Plant, Freddie Mecury, Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford are really able to sing very well.

And In terms of lyrics, Heavy Metal is actually hard to write, the earlier Heavy Metal such as Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden have a lot of occult references, and bands like Led Zeppelin also use mystical refererences, so essentially they need to read much more literature to write them than the so called "gangsta" lyrics.

I think rap sucks, but I won't say it is bad. People have their taste, and I definitely have heard of good rap.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like country or religious music either, but I don't have to complain about it because most people that enjoy that kind of music don't annoy everyone in the neighborhood by playing it too loud, nor does that music go BOOOOOOM BOOOOOM BOOOOOM and rattle the windows and floorboards in your house either. Most people that listen to country or religious music actually have some consideration for their neighbors and respect their right to peace and quiet. It's the complete opposite for most people that listen to rap/hip-hop.

But you know what? That's the way life is. Every generation has their music that thoroughly annoys the previous generations. I like music that my brother, 12 years my senior (and I'm 41), absolutely hates. He likes music that I hate. That's the way it is. The difference is we have enough respect for each other (and our neighbors, and everyone else) not to annoy them with music THEY may not want to hear. In the rapidly degenerating neighborhood I live in, there is a distinct lack of that kind of respect. And current teens seem to have less consideration for anyone than they ever have before. And hearing BOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM is even more annoying when that's ALL you can hear. No other instruments, no voices, all I hear is that BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOM. Rap/hip-hop is the most annoying music on the planet because of that BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM crap that transcends city blocks. And the language that a lot of rap music has (when you CAN actually hear it beyond the BOOM BOOM BOOM) is quite often socially unacceptable, vulgar or just plain racist in some way or another and seems to inspire very hateful attitudes. So, in essence, rap/hip-hop tends to be offensive in the most dynamic way it can possibly be compared almost every other form of music out there, except maybe death metal, which is mostly incoherent noise.

My point is that if you like rap/hip-hop, fine, go rap/hip-hop your brains out, but put some freakin' headphones on with that ridiculously loud booming bass, or take it where it won't bother anyone that doesn't want to hear (or feel) it, or turn it the hell down. When I listen to music, I expect to hear singing, not blah-blah-blah BOOM BOOM BOOM, and I play my music at a reasonable volume (and time of day) that doesn't bother anyone.

So, when I say "I hate rap", it's more because I'm forced to tolerate that BOOM BOOOM BOOOOM rattling everything and the hateful attitude projected by it than any anything else.

And to those people saying we need to be more open-minded about various types of music.......yeah, I'm sure there are types of music YOU don't like either and if someone was blasting music you hate, YOU would bitch about it too. Oh, and I was born in the late 60's, so I know all about the roots of rap/hip-hop.....all I care to know anyway, which is enough to know that I don't like that kind of music. DON'T try to validate music you like to me, I don't do that to you. I'm just stating my opinions on the matter in a thread that was created specifically for talking about people who dislike rap/hip-hop for whatever reasons. This thread wasn't created for people who LIKE rap/hip-hop.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
most rap songs are absolute crap, but there is the occasional one that i MIGHT listen to. twice. all rap today is about sex, drugs, crime, and that genral sort of stuff. but occasionally you might find one with a good message, a good beat and a rapper who doesnt "talk" and not... rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1