Random Crash?!

Pokecix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All my games are crashing randomly these days.Like about 20 mins of playing the game crashes to desktop without any errors.
Everything was working normal before i got Portal 2
What to do??

Pokecix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you used Steam to get all of your games, maybe you need to reinstall them. (Steam too.)
My Steam wont work even if i reinstalled 5 times so i use retailer.
I dont really wanna i have many mods at Skyrim btw im going to buy a new computer is the same thing gonna happen??Or problem with computer?

Pokecix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Prehaps try updating your graphics card drivers.
The driver may be crashing - causing your games to crash as a result
Hmm yea maybe becouse my comp is a low-end one and gonna buy a high-end one becoz most games r laggy even at very low graph settings...But the thing that annoys me is that this was not happening before.
Today Spyware Doctor showed steam_api dll as Trojan.Gen at Skyrim folder and put it to Quarantine so i restored it coz game wont open wihtout it :(

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hmm yea maybe becouse my cop is a low-end one and gonna buy a high-end one becoz most games r laggy even at very low graph settings...But the thing that annoys me is that this was not happening before.
Today Spyware Doctor showed steam_api dll as Trojan.Gen at Skyrim folder and put it to Quarantine so i restored it coz game wont open wihtout it :(

Are you using a cracked version of skyrim?
Im pretty sure that people report cracks for games as viruses even when they are not which makes anti virus programs think they are viruses ><
As for the crashes, update yah drivers, update direct X and any other stuff that may have come with portal 2, use Glary utilitys (or something alike) to clean up anything that could be causing issues and hope for the best.
If worst comes to worst a total reformat+reinstall tends to clarify the situation a bit.

Pokecix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using a cracked version of skyrim?
Im pretty sure that people report cracks for games as viruses even when they are not which makes anti virus programs think they are viruses ><
As for the crashes, update yah drivers, update direct X and any other stuff that may have come with portal 2, use Glary utilitys (or something alike) to clean up anything that could be causing issues and hope for the best.
If worst comes to worst a total reformat+reinstall tends to clarify the situation a bit.
Nope not crack...I dont think cracked ppl cares that issue since i think there is only 1 pirate version of Skyrim which is called Razor or something like that..If that got a virus in it it nobody wil install it.
The cause can be the Anti Malware program couse the Skyrim is here for a longg time and it detected the virus this morning lol
Thanks...I think the thing i have to do now is wait my new computer :P

Reactions: KingBlank

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey, just thought of something, do you have the windows install disk?
cause you could do a system restore to back before you installed portal 2.
That might fix the problem, but I have not done a system restore in ages and dont know how to do it on windows seven.
You should try it out if you want to play games before you get your new computer!
Give it a google, and good luck!

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Exact same problem occured when I built my machine. Turns out that the graphics card was faulty. The majority of games (Cracked or legitimately bought) would crash to the desktop.

Pokecix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
One possible cause could be your graphics card failing.
Definitely try updating your drivers before you do anything else though.
My comp is that crap i cant even update my drivers lol it gives black screen while update :P
Its HPTouchsmart 600 i dont recommend it lol And the new comp is gonna be Alienware X51,so excited lol

Pokecix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, no, that's a bullshit program. Get rid of it and then uninstall+reinstall anything that's not working.
Yup scanning with Malwarebytes PRO atm since its the best..And SpywareDoctor is just a side program that i use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1