Hacking R4i unknown firmware and kernel

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody.
Following the guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/ to forward the nds as a cia my R4i ended bricked. Later I found that YsMenu is not compatible with my R4i clone and after the white screen appeared the R4i rarely show on the Home menu. I have tested the Stage2 loaders but no success.
I use a9lh + luma 6.1.2 with emunand and I want to know what firmware and kernel should I use with YSMenu. Yes, YSMENU :rofl:

Tomorrow I'll un-brick my R4 with another borrow flashcard but I really want to use YSMenu to forward but I'll not have more opportunities later to unbrick again if this time I brick again the R4i.

This is the photo of my bricked flashcard.

Any help?
Thanks
r4.jpg

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again.
I have tried to first make again to work but I am not able to do it.
I'm using a DS Lite to unbrick my r4 and the firmware fwUpdateAll_V7.00.nds. First with the good R4 I open the nds. and when it load, I swap the card, put mine and press A
...but the screen just freeze.
Only it reads is:
Upgrade firmware...........
Erasing device
and nothing more.

I've tried the same with a DSi and it show success but after rebooting, nothing show so I think that I can't use the 3ds/dsi to install the firmware swaping and with the DS Lite it just freeze.
Any solution?

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait