Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok to clarify things

i got r4i-sdhc with 1.4 says on my r4

1. I need to download the 1.53b(02-15-12) on http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
2. i need a ds lite/ndsi/nds xl with lower firmware and connect to internet to patch the r4
3. ( Here where i got confuse )on the previous post they were talking about kernal v 1.47 (where i should download this one, links anyone?)
4 finally when i download the two thing where should i paste them in my r4.

please help

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ok to clarify things

i got r4i-sdhc with 1.4 says on my r4

1. I need to download the 1.53b(02-15-12) on http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
2. i need a ds lite/ndsi/nds xl with lower firmware and connect to internet to patch the r4
3. ( Here where i got confuse )on the previous post they were talking about kernal v 1.47 (where i should download this one, links anyone?)
4 finally when i download the two thing where should i paste them in my r4.

please help

Get a micro SD reader... this is very important (well that is already provided so yeah :P )...

Once you have downloaded the latest version from the site, unzip it with either Winzip or Winrar (google them too lazy to post links) and you should have some files... copy all of them and paste all of them into the root of your Micro SD card... if it asks to overwrite, just click yes. (or backup your ROMS and save files just in case).

And wtf kernel version 1.47 is VERY OLD. You don't need it. Get the latest version that you see in the website. As of the time of my post, the latest is at 1.53b.

nodacrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update
i borrowed a ds lite from my office mate so basically i need to update the patch of my kernel
i format my micro sd and then installed the R4i V1.53b English and also installed mario kart to configure the wifi settings when i tried to update the r4i i click on the upgrade button and nothing says there its

Current Version:
support model ndsl ndsi 1.40
is not like this on the picture below what seems to be the problem?
20111120203082818742.jpg

Kuroko Shirai are you near quezon city can we can meet up since where in the same country to teach mo update the kernel XD

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i-sdhc 1.4 can not be updated for higher firmware. So if the DS is on firmware higher than 1.4 the card will not work. The only thing you can do with the r4i-sdhc 1.4 is have the newest kernel to play the newest games. :( I e-mailed the r4i-sdhc.com team and they told me the 1.4 card can not be updated and they're sorry. They posted it can't be updated on the home page of their website, at the bottom-left hand side.

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Update
i borrowed a ds lite from my office mate so basically i need to update the patch of my kernel
i format my micro sd and then installed the R4i V1.53b English and also installed mario kart to configure the wifi settings when i tried to update the r4i i click on the upgrade button and nothing says there its

Current Version:
support model ndsl ndsi 1.40
is not like this on the picture below what seems to be the problem?
20111120203082818742.jpg

Kuroko Shirai are you near quezon city can we can meet up since where in the same country to teach mo update the kernel XD

Huh? I wish I could speak in Filipino here so I can understand you further but we're not allowed to do that.

Let me get this straight, you already got the 1.53b (whatever the latest version is), extracted the files and copied them all to the root of your micro SD?

Then, everything should be fine at this point, I don't see what the problem is. o_o;; (unless your r4 cart is the one at the bottom) then you're pretty much screwed.

And no, I don't exactly live near QC, but if you go to Rob Galleria and play Pokemon TCG, you might spot me there on a Sunday.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a weird problem, I got 2 R4i SDHC carts one with a yellow saying v1.4 and the other v1.4.1, the problem is the one with v1.4.1 is not upgradeable. I put v1.60b firmware. When I go to config, to upgrade the cart.
I press upgrade it says, upgrade, under that, written is, current version support model NDSL, NDSi 1.42 under that is box with back. there's no start button upgrade.

But my other, R4i SDHC the one with v1.4 works, I can upgrade the v1.60b kernel plus it run on my 3ds with the latest Nintendo firmware V4.3.0-10 E.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I got a weird problem, I got 2 R4i SDHC carts one with a yellow saying v1.4 and the other v1.4.1, the problem is the one with v1.4.1 is not upgradeable. I put v1.60b firmware. When I go to config, to upgrade the cart.
I press upgrade it says, upgrade, under that, written is, current version support model NDSL, NDSi 1.42 under that is box with back. there's no start button upgrade.

But my other, R4i SDHC the one with v1.4 works, I can upgrade the v1.60b kernel plus it run on my 3ds with the latest Nintendo firmware V4.3.0-10 E.
It's not an uncommon situation. Wait for an update for that cart from the site.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country

That's the point kernel v1.60b is the update for the both cart. the one with the yellow 1.4 upgrade to v1.60 and runs one the 3ds. Where the newer cart with the yellow v1.41 i can put the kernel in it show up on the bottom. But when I go to upgrade i can't. just says that it's NDL NDSi 1.42. I just get another card.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

That's the point kernel v1.60b is the update for the both cart. the one with the yellow 1.4 upgrade to v1.60 and runs one the 3ds. Where the newer cart with the yellow v1.41 i can put the kernel in it show up on the bottom. But when I go to upgrade i can't. just says that it's NDL NDSi 1.42. I just get another card.
Upgrades are generally per-cart, and teams will sometimes update one of their carts without updating another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk