Not open for further replies.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope its real for two reasons.

1) R4 gets a lot of stick on these forums about how crap the clones are and a lot of snobbery about how crap the cards are now, by the owners of the new crop of flashcarts, clones or otherwise. It would be a nice wake-up call to all those that have badmouthed the name in the past. I know its not the original R4 team but its the clone cards that have had the most verbal abuse chucked their way on these and other forums. It would prove that Carts are only as good as the brains behind the firmware and hardware, not the name on the tin

2) The fact that when the news and Nintendo talk about flashcarts they always talk about R4 being the main one, and the real R4's died out ages ago, how funny would it be ( if only in name ) the R4 came back and bit them in the ass again...

I have an old original R4 so I kinda have a soft spot for the name....

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ninty only says R4 because the most popular cart is still the R4 ... and that's because the uninformed only know about the R4, so they get a R4. Just like how most people only know the iPod .... (at least the people I know do)

R4 gets a lot of that because we get noobs/newbs who buy the R4 and complain about how they can't get xxx working. Some people who get other flashcarts and meet a guy with a R4. The R4 guy might say WTF is that, GET A R4 ..... If this R4 team was so smart why don't they fix the bugs in the R4 firmware then?
tongue.gif

Now I hope you understand this reasoning .... I'm only hoping it's real because it shows there's a bypass.
biggrin.gif

BoxShot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes they did PV yes they did. ... A lot of carts have an updatable bootstrap/bootloader w.e its called. Well the next race would be who will be the first to release an update for booting on 1.4 publicly.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol and i was thinking on not buying a DSi because the flashcards will not boot on 1.4x....but now i will!

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BoxShot said:
Ninty only says R4 because the most popular cart is still the R4 ... and that's because the uninformed only know about the R4, so they get a R4. Just like how most people only know the iPod .... (at least the people I know do)

R4 gets a lot of that because we get noobs/newbs who buy the R4 and complain about how they can't get xxx working. Some people who get other flashcarts and meet a guy with a R4. The R4 guy might say WTF is that, GET A R4 ..... If this R4 team was so smart why don't they fix the bugs in the R4 firmware then?
tongue.gif

Now I hope you understand this reasoning .... I'm only hoping it's real because it shows there's a bypass.
biggrin.gif

I understand the reasoning... I have always understood the reasoning, I am saying the two points becasue I think they would be funny for the same reasons... you understand ?

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. talking about miracles (There can be miracles, when you believe~~~~)
biggrin.gif
at first i was like '0.0"..
they literally won the race on working flash cart on DSi 1.4 firmware...
And I am surprise.. i never thought R4i would pull that off.. >.>

I dedicate this song to R4i team for becoming the first one to bypass 1.4 DSi firmware: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxIN79n4jVo

BoxShot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too shocked.
tongue.gif
Hackers always win! (maybe not at the ps3 atm) Still who will be the first to publicly put out an update to enable booting on 1.4?
tongue.gif

@funem Yep I understand that's why I didn't address that point about the R4 beating them back. It still means that the firmware is still flawed.
smileipb2.png
mellow.gif

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burnedmagix said:
And I was thinking the R4i would be the last one to update it's firmware.

yea.... i thought the first 1 was going to be either m3i or scds1i......

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea and quick cause if they have a video about it, its mean is ready to go but maybe there are bugs...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

The only reason the R4 got targeted was because it was openly on sale in places like Akihabara. Previous slot-2 carts had been around for years yet attracted little attention because they were only available online.

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks to me like they just put a new fake game-id on it since the icon for the game is the exact one as in big brain academy not the r4i icon

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So - R4iDS is on their second generation DSi card and they have the only card that works on DSi after the 1.4 update.
EDGE and Cyclops have nothing that works on any DSi.

Great

grog.gif
lecture.gif

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they do but its not realeased. cycloDS has a flash card that work on the DSi but its not released. Search on youtube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...