Hacking R4i Gold says Star Wars Lethal Alliance

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchasd an R4i for my girlfriend and it turned out to be the R4i Gold, in a Gold box (lol) but i tried to run it on her ds and it said star wars lethal alliance, when i click on it it says loading and thats it. same thing happened when i put it in my dsi. What do i do. I have all the correct software on the sd card.

giobsar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think the reason for the lethal alliance thing is to bypass the flashcart block of the 1.4 update. for the loading try formatting the sd card

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried formatting to fat32. I never upgraded my firmware. my normal sd card doesn't work in the gold card and neither does my gfs sd card. our cards work fine. in my old R4i.

Posts merged

and i see what you mean now about the firmware. lol. will the normal r4i software work?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
1. Great you have the updated R4i gold
2. Why did you ever bought a R4 clone?
3. Go for the real stuff: AK2i/SCDSONEi/M3i0/

That is if you ever plan to buy a DSi, if it's only for your DS/DSLite, you have a few more options.
(AK2/M3DSReal/G6DSReal/CycloDS Evolution/etc...)

metal01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I baught it from a guy who gets them from, I don't know where, I've bought several from him for friends and never had a problem until this Gold R4i.

I doubt I can get my money back from him though, so my only option is making this work.

I've tried formatting it now for the third time using FAT and FAT32. which hasn't helped, so i'm guessing thats not the problem. I have the most current R4i firmware from the website on it. When i open it it just says loading, then when i put the gold r4i software on it from this website it says loading then goes to white and thats it.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
metal01 said:
Actually I baught it from a guy who gets them from, I don't know where, I've bought several from him for friends and never had a problem until this Gold R4i.

I doubt I can get my money back from him though, so my only option is making this work.

I've tried formatting it now for the third time using FAT and FAT32. which hasn't helped, so i'm guessing thats not the problem. I have the most current R4i firmware from the website on it. When i open it it just says loading, then when i put the gold r4i software on it from this website it says loading then goes to white and thats it.

why not just bring to this guy and ask him how to get it work?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's great that nearly every flashcart maker who fixed their carts to work on DSi's 1.4 FW update used a different game as the bootstrap. That will make it harder for Ninty to stop them next time. Because it sounds to me that they would almost have to block the official games from working on the DSi to stop the flashcarts next time and I don't think Ninty would want to do that to owners of the retail carts.

I hope DSi mode gets cracked so hard that Ninty's butt starts hurting. It will happen someday. When it does, I will cheer and do a little dance on Ninty's flower-and-bunny garden.

Reactions: Ryccardo

RTAgent5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metal01 said:
I tried formatting to fat32. I never upgraded my firmware. my normal sd card doesn't work in the gold card and neither does my gfs sd card. our cards work fine. in my old R4i.

Posts merged

and i see what you mean now about the firmware. lol. will the normal r4i software work?

Your problem is that you never put the correct firmware on your MicroSD card. The old R4i flash cart that you've got is different than the new R4i Gold that you've got now.

To make this work you need to go here and download the latest firmware and put on a freshly formatted MicroSD card and it should work just fine.

garp99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought the R4i-SHDC Revolution red-box before I knew about any 1.4 firmware problem.

I assume all new DSi's come with that firmware.
However, if it says 1.3 firmware, is it the user that updates to 1.4 or does the DSi try to do that itself?

Is the R4i-Gold box version working for people, because I may exchange for that one?

Also, the problem is I am helping niece/nephew from other end of town so I don't have an actual DSi to test with.
I have been using R4 Revolution carts without any problems.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
garp99 said:
I bought the R4i-SHDC Revolution red-box before I knew about any 1.4 firmware problem.

I assume all new DSi's come with that firmware.
However, if it says 1.3 firmware, is it the user that updates to 1.4 or does the DSi try to do that itself?

Is the R4i-Gold box version working for people, because I may exchange for that one?

Also, the problem is I am helping niece/nephew from other end of town so I don't have an actual DSi to test with.
I have been using R4 Revolution carts without any problems.
The R4i golds are shipping with the 1.4 fix http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24827 http://www.r4ids.com/r4i-download-e.html. A few of the R4i's are upgradeable using a 1.3 DSi or DS(because they are clones of the acekard and EZVi). Your R4 is a DSSTi clone and there is no news of a fix for that one.

Your best bet is to exchange it for an Acekard 2i or a M3iZero.

garp99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks.

One more question, I found out the niece has 1.3u firmware on her 3-week old DSi.
I've read other posts about not working after 1.3e, but is it only 1.4 that won't work,
and does using a non-1.4 fixed flashcart on a DSi cause damage to the DSi itself (bricked)?

balogue

Trophies
XP
Country
I have purchased a R4 Gold card last week and when I insert it into the DS Lite it also is looking to open (loading) Star Wars Lethal Alliance when the R4 card is inserted only, without even inserting the 4g mini card. Does anyone have any answers as to where to from here.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Put the SD card in it. Turn on the DS. Highlight Star Wars, press A.

Had you paid any attention to the thread you posted in, you would've already found the answer above.

balogue

Trophies
XP
Country
I have inserted the SD card and then turned on the DS. It is still continuing to loading. Why does the Star Wars Alliance continue to appear on the screan when its not loaded onto sd card?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's a bypass rom to bypass the DSi's v.1.4 (that blocks flashcarts), so in other words, Star Wars is built-into the flashcart,

andres145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hi
does anyone know how to fix the loading problem with star wars rebel alliance game? i'm using a 3ds to load the game with an r4 gold pro flashcart but every time it loads it gets stuck on a black screen. what can I do to fix this problem?

andres145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hi
does anyone know how to fix the loading problem with star wars rebel alliance game? i'm using a 3ds to load the game with an r4 gold pro flashcart but every time it loads it gets stuck on a black screen. what can I do to fix this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*