Hacking R4i 3DS Gold problem

glan20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

As said in the description, it looks like the flashcart can't write to the SD card. It doesn't specifically say this (and I'm only guessing it), but when I change the WOOD's (v1.43) settings, the SD card symbol flashes but the process never completes. I can't start a game either, because starting a game for the first time creates a save for it, and the thing can't write to the SD card. I've reformatted the SD card using the SD Association's formatter twice, but that doesn't help.

The 3DS model is the Zelda 25th Anniversary one (if that makes a difference); firmware version is 3.0.0-6.

Could it be my SD card (EDIT: it's 2GB) or the R4i 3DS? The latter appears to have come from www.r4ids.cn (as written on the package).

Thanks in advance.

glan20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying, but that doesn't work. I believe the micro SD has never had write protection to begin with (only the regular SD does). Besides, I can read and write to it on computer fine with micro SD adapters.

glan20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump.

Is it the R4's fault or is it my microSD's? I've even bought a 4GB micro SDHC and it still doesn't work.

Also, is it right to put the Wood OS files (from http://www.r4ids.cn/) in the microSD's root? Do I need anything else?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok