Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
rxTools does not have all the required TWL patches (as of the last public release build on their github anyway). You will need to use a newer CFW to run my stage2 launchers.

rxTools uses the same emunand format as most other CFWs so you'll be fine. Just be sure to install a 9.2 update pack with sysupdater while making sure you boot rxTools in devmode (or pasta mode as it's described as in newer builds) and you should be fine.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

sirus1999

Trophies
Website
shabihsazgame.com
XP
Country
Iran
rxTools does not have all the required TWL patches (as of the last public release build on their github anyway). You will need to use a newer CFW to run my stage2 launchers.
one important question : i buy r4 sdhc but when i insert to the 3ds give me this error “An Error Has occurred… ..." with this softwar you said ...example WoodR4 launcher...this problam is fix or not?

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
R4 SDHC is different. Either DSTT Launcher or the R4i Gold Launcher would be used for that. But the old R4 SDHC clones are very hit and miss. You were better off getting a DSTT as those are still pretty cheap and are more supported here. You can't launch the old carts directly because their arm7 code/ram entry addresses are in a range TWL_FIRM doesn't like.

sirus1999

Trophies
Website
shabihsazgame.com
XP
Country
Iran
R4 SDHC is different. Either DSTT Launcher or the R4i Gold Launcher would be used for that. But the old R4 SDHC clones are very hit and miss. You were better off getting a DSTT as those are still pretty cheap and are more supported here. You can't launch the old carts directly because their arm7 code/ram entry addresses are in a range TWL_FIRM doesn't like.
i now find R4 REVOLUTION FOR DS....what about this? this work well or not? please please please give me download link for this card for use in 3ds ver 4.5...please

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintedo-Ds-R4_303.jpg

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is the one that uses my WoodR4 launcher. It's compatiblity is up there with DSTT and is pretty reliable. Unless you have a new 3DS (which you don't so you have nothing to worry about). Some cheaper builds of that cart have contact issues with the 2DS and new 3DS slots due to a slight change in their slot design. But it looks like it will work fine with o3DS and o3DS XLs since I personally tested mine in both my n3DS and my o3DS XL before I sold that console. It had to be held in past the click on the n3DS, but worked without assistance in the o3DS XL.

Original R4 doesn't support SDHC microSD cards (so nothing over 2GB) but is the cheapest flashcart and is the first I made a stage2 launcher for. If you are going to buy one with as little money that one would be the one. You're limited to 2GB. But the original R4 long term may have more potential since NAND apps can init DLDI of the cart without booting from it. Something that can't be currently done with newer carts. So there's a potential for interesting things to be done with it in the future. :D

Though interestingly the forwarder CIAs people have been making aren't yet compatible with this card. Though they should be since DLDI init is super easy (hbmenu for example can access it just fine and launch homebrew too). Probably an odd quirk with YSMenu as that's what they are using to auto boot a game from their forwarder CIAs.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get my M3 DS Real to work.
Using the Wood M3 provided and a SD Card formatted to Fat16.
The Launcher (installed cia) shows up as G6Flash. Is that correct?
If I launch it it just blackscreens. (Luma 3DS 5.5 on EmuNAND 11.0)

The Wood M3 runs perfectly on my NDS though.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Blackscreens? As in "error has occured" message on botton screen?

If you are using emunand, you need to also install the launcher on sysnand too since TWL_FIRM does not have emunand patches. If you still get the error, try launching it from sysnand instead.

sirus1999

Trophies
Website
shabihsazgame.com
XP
Country
Iran

If you are using emunand, you need to also install the launcher on sysnand too since TWL_FIRM does not have emunand patches. If you still get the error, try launching it from sysnand instead.
yes...this piece of shit.....what is this error....i 3 days search in google but not find how fix this dam problame "error has occured"( hontoni nan nandeska koreva?)

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country

By blackscreening I mean literally blackscreening. Not even "an error occured".
9.2 SysNAND delivers the same result.

Maybe I'll try on a different 3DS later.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong on this but I heard the Luma branch of the Kernel9LoaderHax stage1/2 payload had issues booting DS carts due to ITCM patches. I don't know if this was limited to unreleased dev builds or not though. Luma3DS however (the arm9loaderhax.bin file version anyway) doesn't have issues and I've had no trouble booting my old flashcarts with it.

I've had a few people have your issue and have been unable to help them on it. I'm thinking Luma's TWL patches are failing for you for some reason and I don't yet understand why.

By blackscreening I mean literally blackscreening. Not even "an error occured".
9.2 SysNAND delivers the same result.

Maybe I'll try on a different 3DS later.

That's a different issue...Not sure what's going wrong there. Do other DS titles work? A similar thing happens if a SRL goes missing from TWLN partition. In that instance TWL_FIRM will hang and not boot anything so there'd be a blackscreen with no message.

Does it load to white screen first then goes black? White screen always occurs first as that's part of the boot process of the dev launcher SRL built into TWL_FIRM. That always happens regardless of what's booting. It would then go black before showing what ever game it booted. If you see white screen then goes to black, then I guess there's a compatibility issue with the launcher and the particular M3 card you have.

If it doesn't go to white screen first and just blackscreens....That may be a more serious issue. hard to say as I don't own a m3 so there's not much I can help you with. :(

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
I could be wrong on this but I heard the Luma branch of the Kernel9LoaderHax stage1/2 payload had issues booting DS carts due to ITCM patches. I don't know if this was limited to unreleased dev builds or not though. Luma3DS however (the arm9loaderhax.bin file version anyway) doesn't have issues and I've had no trouble booting my old flashcarts with it.

I've had a few people have your issue and have been unable to help them on it. I'm thinking Luma's TWL patches are failing for you for some reason and I don't yet understand why.

Well. Using ShadowNAND to boot Luma3DS and then try to launch a DS Flashcart through a launcher may just not be to optimal :D

However I am a bit confused about the fact that I don't even get an error.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Chain loading Luma from another cfw may break things. I have no experience using shadownand nor have I even looked up what it does. :P

I'm still using the "original" Arm9LoaderHax without any screen init. Felt no need to migrate away from it as issues cropped up in all the newer stuff and plan to wait it out to see if they get worked out. :P

EDIT: I edited my post so be sure to re-read it As for this post, I would like to add that if you don't see white screen flash first before going black, then TWL_FIRM is failing to boot in general. That could indicate an issue with your current CFW setup now that I know more about what you have setup on your console.

Reactions: Zan'

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
Chain loading Luma from another cfw may break things. I have no experience using shadownand nor have I even looked up what it does. :P

I'm still using the "original" Arm9LoaderHax without any screen init. Felt no need to migrate away from it as issues cropped up in all the newer stuff and plan to wait it out to see if they get worked out. :P

EDIT: I edited my post so be sure to re-read it As for this post, I would like to add that if you don't see white screen flash first before going black, then TWL_FIRM is failing to boot in general. That could indicate an issue with your current CFW setup now that I know more about what you have setup on your console.
From what I've seen it doesn't give a whitescreen. May have to really hard reset that device.

I am going to check on a second device.

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah no white screen means TWL_FIRM failed early in the boot process and may not be related to the launcher or the flashcart and may be a problem with your CFW setup.
Can confirm M3 DS Real to be working on the second device.
9.2 SysNAND A9LH Luma 3DS 5.5 (direct)

Seems like my other device is a tiny bit broken. Or ShadowNAND Chain loading breaks TWL.

Reactions: Apache Thunder

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't software can play DS games without it's DS card? Is there CIA software for playing ds games?
^ fixed.
DS games read from Slot-1. With no game in Slot-1, it won't work.

The best CIA software right now for playing DS games is an emulator called (3)DeSmuME. It's not stable yet, so don't expect full speed.

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I can't seem to get this to work thanks to all of the innacurate information about this all over the web and yet no actual tutorial, installed fbi via cia, but it never had the option to install to the prepatched cia to Nand, tried big blue menu but it just said things were already installed, I was able to get the DSTT launcher to show up in emunand but it would just blackscreen freeze which almost think it bricked but I just had to hold the power button a lot longer... guess I can't do this, would it be easier to try and get the blue gateway card working or is that the same process?

Last edited by Shadowlurker,
Reactions: Ahote

Anrhermland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I got a really old TTDS from around 2008 and got luma with a9lh on my 11.0 old 3DS, did the cia install and put those files on my recently formatted sd, but when I tried to boot it via the cia it just loaded and it's on an eternal "Loading" screen with the regular TTDS loading icon, it's not frozen tho, I can still go back to the home menu and all.
However, I'm wondering what could be going wrong here so I can just toss aside possible culprits

• The SD is not new, and can't really test it with any other SDs for a while so I can just wait and get a new one way later.
  • The SD was formatted through a samsung g6, same deal with SD not being new, I'm not at home and can't go back to town for a while but I kinda need to get this outta the way.
  • The flashcart is simply too old, and it's been unused for about 5 years, so maybe I just need to get a brand new one.

There's way too many things that could be wrong in my case but I don't know which one could it be, and kinda have to get this done fast or without spending much money on a new cart.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol