Hacking R4-SDHC Help

ambc_666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got an R4-SDHC Upgrade card, having alot of problems with it.

the software from r4i-sdhc.com works but it gives an error when i go to launch a game thru multimedia or crashes if i go into the game part on the menu.
any other software i have tried comes up with "? Menu" and doesnt boot anything
i have tried the YSMenu from the other thread and i get the "? menu" - the only time i dont get the error is when i include the R4.dat on the root of the sd card from the rar i get from r4i-sdhc.com but i still get the crashing/error when launching a game as above.
I am using a 4gb sd card, i have tried a 2 and 1 gb card as well - same issue. All the cards work on a m3 so i know they work.

The sticking paper into the R4 card doesnt work, i am putting the correct files to the root of the sd card, the date and time are both correct. Have read 3 forums for this and still cant work it out. anyone help at all? i did read a few threads on here talking about an update they are waiting on for this card, but limited info on those threads, anyone shed some light on it please?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you either grabbed the wrong firmware (R4 and R4i firmwares are both on that site, side by side) or you aren't putting all the files you extracted from the firmware onto the microSD card. I'd format the card first, just ensure that isn't a problem.

ambc_666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried launching from moonshell and ive tried launching through the firmware that comes with it.

i have v1.09b, i have the one on the right of that site, not the red one
frown.gif
although i tried the red one as well.

i put all 4 files on the root of the sd card, this right?
moonmemo
moonshl2
R4iMenu
R4.dat

i formatted through windows, tried FAT and FAT32 and also formatted through the panasonic program.

been at this 5 hours in total and its doing my head in
frown.gif

i tried doing it through R4YSauto guide also, i picked 1, 2, 3 & 4 and none worked
frown.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't personally used R4YSauto, but I'm pretty sure there is a separate method for DSTT clones, and the R4-SDHC is a DSTT clone.

You may have a fake cart. Yes, they make fakes of a clone of an outdated cart.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most fakes of other cards can usually be made to work to some degree, so the same might apply here, I just have no idea how to go about it. I'd recommend returning it.

ashley.ince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive got one of these cards, if it comes in a black box, and has a green pcb you need the files from the left (green) side. Format your sd using windows (Fat32 is fine) put all the stuff out the rar/zip file onto your card, and it should work with most games. I've no problems with mine using a 4gb kingston. Dont use the red ones unless its an r4i

ambc_666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Most fakes of other cards can usually be made to work to some degree, so the same might apply here, I just have no idea how to go about it. I'd recommend returning it.

sounds like a plan
smile.gif

i tried that ashley, i get "application halted!!!" error when running a game from multimedia.

i did try YSMenu but ill have another go with it tonight, i think i made a mess of it last time so ill try it and if it dont work its going back i suppose
smile.gif

InsanityToTheMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ambc_666 said:
injected11 said:

sounds like a plan
smile.gif

i tried that ashley, i get "application halted!!!" error when running a game from multimedia.

i did try YSMenu but ill have another go with it tonight, i think i made a mess of it last time so ill try it and if it dont work its going back i suppose
smile.gif

You can't run a game in multimedia
tongue.gif
(with a few hacks you can) but yeah.. Just use the link i gave you and follow every single instruction
tongue.gif
they VWALLA!@#!#(didn't spell that right.. but w.e) You can play roms .. omfg?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones