Homebrew [QUESTION] Writing Amiibo .bin Files to Blank Tags With the Wii U Gamepad

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by debug the Wii U?

Devs haven't ruled out the possibility of the gamepads' NFC reader being able to write as well. However, publicly, nobody has done the research/programming to test/achieve results.

Pi ZeroW method is definitely cheaper, unless you just so happen have an Adruino Uno laying around. Most people don't live near a Microcenter or a Fry's where they can pick a Pi up for retail cost, or below.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a Galaxy Nexus to write NTAG215....it's an older phone so it's pretty cheap on eBay...I paid $40 for it about 3 years ago, so I am sure if you dig around, you can find one for $20....or less if you don't mind a cracked screen (if all you are using it for is writing NTAG, condition shouldn't matter). Soonersoft on eBay has 'em for $13 with cracked screen.....i've considered taking the phone to a bar when they have "game night" and exchange Amiibo cards for drinks...I bought 100 NTAG215s for $37 (37 cents each) so it'd be like paying 37 cents for a drink :)

D

Deleted User

Also: If you signed up for developer program, you're under their watch. Release information and you're basically in court.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I'm the one wanting this too, but everyone's all "Hurr durr get a phone" or "durr there's an official app"... not realizing that 1) not everyone has an NFC-capable phone or wants to pay ridiculous amounts to have the service to download the app for it, and 2) the 'official app' uses the developer key(s), making it useless for retail consoles like we all have. Besides, even if the retail key(s) were used, the mods would force it off-site to some malware-infested "warez" repository because of "muh pierasea", conveniently forgetting the other releases that exist solely to facilitate such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-