Hacking [Question] Whats the deal with 9.6 and EmuNand

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We were talking of 9.6 emunand. If your original firmware is 9.6, it won't work, gateway only support up to 9.2.

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a HW mod, backup your NAND, update SYSNAND, do your business, restore your NAND, and send a bill with the costs to the Gatewait team.
As they are dead, MIA, on some beach laughing at us, etc; they will of course not pay.
I dont believe Gateway is that inconsiderate.

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he was talking about rxtools which lets you launch emunand 9.6 on the old 3DS
Does it have any downside or "side effects" when using rxtools to accomplish this? For instance, would it have any limitations or restrictions, until Gateway fixes this entire problem and we can update with the new launcher.dat?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What is the deal with airline food? I mean, seriously, have you eaten this stuff? I really wanna know!
I actually haven't. Been on a lot of airline trips, too. I guess I always eat a big meal before I get on the plane, then expect to sit there glued to whatever portable console/e-reader/phone I have for a good long while.

Trophies
XP
Country
airline food is actually great, taken into account I've only had it twice, it has been top notch, very tasty and filling. they say it's for free but I know it's included into the ticket sale price but I don't mind, there's a decent menu to pick from and alcoholic beverages to choose from, no complaints here, no complaints at all. the dinner rolls and little butter packets are always top quality too, very nice and warm. 9/10 would eat again.

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I just restore my backup Emunand from my computer harddrive, and import it into Gateway again to fix this 9.6 black screen issue until Gateway fixes it?
Backup Emunand being lower than 9.6

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The Old 3ds Emunand freezes at black screen on 9.6.. It doesnt work, until Gateway fixes it.

It kinda works :)

!!!Make a backup of your emunand first!!! and it will not hurt you to do a backup of your SD and real NAND aswell :P

Use rxTools to boot your emunand and update it to 9.6 (BE VERY CAREFULL!!! be sure to be in RX-E and not RX-S and be sure you don't have the update nag in your sysnand, or you will end up updating your real sysnand)
This way you can enter eshop and do some update stuff, but you can NOT install any cia's, cause devmenu will not work in rxTools emunand and you will not be able to play your pirated cia's, unless there only clean rips from pre-installed games)

But if you need eshop access, this is the way to go for now

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It kinda works :)

!!!Make a backup of your emunand first!!! and it will not hurt you to do a backup of your SD and real NAND aswell :P

Use rxTools to boot your emunand and update it to 9.6 (BE VERY CAREFULL!!! be sure to be in RX-E and not RX-S and be sure you don't have the update nag in your sysnand, or you will end up updating your real sysnand)
This way you can enter eshop and do some update stuff, but you can NOT install any cia's, cause devmenu will not work in rxTools emunand and you will not be able to play your pirated cia's, unless there only clean rips from pre-installed games)

But if you need eshop access, this is the way to go for now
Will it play. 3ds games?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So do I just restore my backup Emunand from my computer harddrive, and import it into Gateway again to fix this 9.6 black screen issue until Gateway fixes it?
Backup Emunand being lower than 9.6

Yeah. If you a backup of your emunand (9.5 or lower), it'll work.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airline food is actually great, taken into account I've only had it twice, it has been top notch, very tasty and filling. they say it's for free but I know it's included into the ticket sale price but I don't mind, there's a decent menu to pick from and alcoholic beverages to choose from, no complaints here, no complaints at all. the dinner rolls and little butter packets are always top quality too, very nice and warm. 9/10 would eat again.

Clearly, you haven't flown in at least 10 years...

Reactions: Herobroski

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it