Hacking Question on PS3 Softmod

Tonyt32136

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please pardon this ridiculous noob question but how do you confirm that you've successfully installed a CFW? Does it show in your system setting? On my system information screen it only shows 'Version: 3.55' but I have the 2 extra option under the game category (Install PKG Files and App_Home/) The CFW I've attempt to install is Kmeaw 3.55

I've went through the softmod guide on this forum and everything went smoothly but I can't seem to load games from my external HDD through multiman. It just bring me out to the XMB after verifying and whatnot.

My PS3 came with 3.55:
120gb Slim
CECH-2501A

Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u have install pkg files and app_home, u've successfully installed cfw. most cfw only shows 3.55 in the system information window.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please pardon this ridiculous noob question but how do you confirm that you've successfully installed a CFW? Does it show in your system setting? On my system information screen it only shows 'Version: 3.55' but I have the 2 extra option under the game category (Install PKG Files and App_Home/) The CFW I've attempt to install is Kmeaw 3.55

I've went through the softmod guide on this forum and everything went smoothly but I can't seem to load games from my external HDD through multiman. It just bring me out to the XMB after verifying and whatnot.

My PS3 came with 3.55:
120gb Slim
CECH-2501A

Thanks!

When you load a game in MM make sure you have a disk in the drive (an original PS3 disk) then when MM kicks you out to the XMB go to the disk :) it should be what ever game you loaded in MM and not the disk that is in the drive.

Edit: In other words once you "load" something in MM and exit out to the XMB, you play the game just like you would any other PS3 game from the XMB.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah, I should've read the rest of the op's message. the hack essentially mounts the game to the bd drive. there is a direct boot option that'll boot the game directly from MM, but it doesn't work with most games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not a cfw 4.21 at all, the pictures on the website you linked are fake.
The video displayed on that website showed how to install Geohot 3.55 cfw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi