Hacking [Question] New Wii D3-2 or D4 Disc Drive Fix

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I just have a simple question. What makes the new D3-2 or higher Disc Drives so "Impossible" to trick into reading a Backup DVD-R?
Do official Wii games have a special format? Do GameCube games have a special format as well?

I'd like as much information as possible in how Softmods USED to be able to load backups and why they can't now. Was there a trick that no longer works?

-Thanks
smile.gif

EDIT : (Took This from my post below)
Also, What's the difference between a D3-2 and a D4?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IIRC they patched the flaw that allows the drive to load DVDs. Also IIRC you can use the modchip DriveKey to load DVD backups on D3-3 drives.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not just softmods, modchips also do not work on the new wii drives. The older wii drives had dvd debug code in them, or something like that and the new drives do not have this code. So if you have a new drive it will not read dvds with a modchip or softmod installed.

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Fudge said:
IIRC they patched the flaw that allows the drive to load DVDs. Also IIRC you can use the modchip DriveKey to load DVD backups on D3-3 drives.

What does IIRC mean? :wtf:
Edit : Never seen someone type IIRC on a forum...

@OnTopic I thought modchips didn't work either. Also, What's the difference between a D3-2 and a D4?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
jonthedit said:
Fudge said:

What does IIRC mean? :wtf:
Edit : Sorry for that retarded question :3 never seen someone type IIRC on a forum...

@OnTopic I thought modchips didn't work either. Also, What's the difference between a D3-2 and a D4?
The Mainboard on a d4 drive is smaller than the d3-2 one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo