Hacking Homebrew [QUESTION] Moving "everything" (or "as much as possible") from one Switch to the other but the unofficial way?

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got a V1 Switch with Atmosphère where I have blocked Ninty's servers ever since and installed many homebrew forwarders and stuff.

Now I'm buying an OLED Switch with a modchip from a "soldering guy" and want to move over everything if possible but obviously I can't use Ninty's official transfer method.

Basically I would love to carry over three things (btw from sysNAND to sysNAND):
  1. Installed games (if possible... if not I'd be fine with reinstalling though)
  2. Save games
  3. Don't ask why but pretty important to me: Tracked play time activity
Before anyone throws that in: Yes, I know there's Checkpoint and if this thread stays unanswered, I'd probably go the tedious way of re-installing all titles on the new Switch and restoring each single save game with Checkpoint.

However, I thought maybe one of you guys know a more elegant way, maybe with HacDiskMount. Of course each console has it's unique key so even an emuNAND on SD can't easily be taken from one Switch to another but if anyone knows maybe how to make the new Switch "accept" a NAND backup from my old Switch or anything like that, I'd be happy to hear.

Also feel free to mention users you think might know this. Maybe @shchmue ?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just did the same a few months ago.

With dbi it's pretty easy, since you can do mass dump/install games and saves.

I dumped all saves and games to USB HDD with dbi.

Then reimported everything with dbi on the OLED.
It was a matter of a few button clicks.

I also wanted to transfer my playtimes and invested a bit of time researching and also asked here (check my post history), but ultimately gave up, because it was too much of a hassle.
Afaik there is no easy way to do it.

Reactions: lordelan

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Just did this on 16.0.3 (old) -> 16.1.0 (new). I transferred the user using linkalho (you need to manually move and rename the backup) and was able to transfer playtime using the NX Activity Log export/import function (I don't know if that works properly with system activity log, I never use it).

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah except for online pvp it's ass +1