Homebrew [Question] Is it possible to make amiibo NTAG215 cards using a N3DS/ Nintendo NFC Reader/Writer?

HenryLeonheart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if this could be achieved with homebrew somehow. We can make the cards using a phone or external NFC reader/writer but a lot of people don't have NFC capable phones. So what I'm asking is if it's possible to use the above devices to run an app like Tagmo but in Homebrew format.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not sure if the current state of homebrew has access to the NFC chip, but this would be an excellent idea for a homebrew app!

05sonicblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it uses the IR, but I'm not sure if the IR IO is accessible. Might be worth looking into, especially since I have N3DS with the built-in NFC. The route I went was just to pick up a Galaxy Nexus phone on ebay for $40 shipped. I will just use it for a wifi only device and run tagmo on it.

I have 2 phones right now. My work phone is a Windows phone and while NFC reading and writing is easy, it doesn't support full .bin's, it only supports thinks like text and open apps. My other phone is an android phone, but doesn't have NFC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: How are you?