::Snk::

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!​
I have a 3DS 4.5.0-10u, with Palantine CFW, and I wanna play +7.0 games like Pokemon ORAS (and the rest of legit .cias) without lost my 4.X .cias.​
My idea is:
1) Use the Win32 Disk Imager tool for clone my SD Memory with the CFW and all the installed .cia's. Then, format it.​
2)Use this tutorial [Tutorial] Installing Clean CIAs with 4.5 CFW by Chaldron for create the 9.6 Emunand, and install there the legit .cias.
3) Use Win32 Disk Imager again for get another backup of the SD, this time with the +7.0 games.​
4) For interchange 4.0 Palantine's CFW, and 9.6 emunand with the legit .cias, format the SD and copy the backups.​
So, my question is... Will this work? Can i format the 3DS (not the SD) and keep loading both emunands? (palantine's 4.5 and 9.6 emunand)

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that should work fine as long as you follow everything correctly. I do pretty much the same thing, but I use "hdd raw copy tool" instead of win32 disk imager, because it makes slightly compressed images.

I think that you will have to backup your SD image before writing a different one though, if you want to keep your saves, because I don't think there is any other way to backup saves from 9.6 emunand (maybe the official nintendo tool works, or maybe backing up the "Nintendo 3DS" folder from your SD works, but I personally would just stick with backing up the full SD image before writing a different one).

edit: also, no need for formatting to switch your 4.5 cfw to an emunand. just backup your 4.5 cfw SD, then boot into your 4.5 cfw on your 3DS and delete the non legit .cias (if you have any ;)) and then install the legit .cias you want to use on 9.6 emunand, then convert your cfw "rednand" to a gw emunand (I use hXD for this, if you google you should be able to find tutorials, especially on some iso site. basically you need to copy everything from offset 200 up until the end of your emunand - the length of your emunand can be determined by doing a nand dump with gw launcher). Once you have your legit .cias installed and you have converted to a regular emunand, you can update with rxTools in Rx-E mode and play your .cias once you get to 9.6.

NOTE: smash bros and MH4 don't seem to work on rxTools emunand right now, so don't get your hopes up for playing those just yet. Hopefully roxas can update rxTools to fix that, but I don't know if it's possible.

Reactions: ::Snk::

::Snk::

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, that should work fine as long as you follow everything correctly. I do pretty much the same thing, but I use "hdd raw copy tool" instead of win32 disk imager, because it makes slightly compressed images.

I think that you will have to backup your SD image before writing a different one though, if you want to keep your saves, because I don't think there is any other way to backup saves from 9.6 emunand (maybe the official nintendo tool works, or maybe backing up the "Nintendo 3DS" folder from your SD works, but I personally would just stick with backing up the full SD image before writing a different one).

edit: also, no need for formatting to switch your 4.5 cfw to an emunand. just backup your 4.5 cfw SD, then boot into your 4.5 cfw on your 3DS and delete the non legit .cias (if you have any ;)) and then install the legit .cias you want to use on 9.6 emunand, then convert your cfw "rednand" to a gw emunand (I use hXD for this, if you google you should be able to find tutorials, especially on some iso site. basically you need to copy everything from offset 200 up until the end of your emunand - the length of your emunand can be determined by doing a nand dump with gw launcher). Once you have your legit .cias installed and you have converted to a regular emunand, you can update with rxTools in Rx-E mode and play your .cias once you get to 9.6.

NOTE: smash bros and MH4 don't seem to work on rxTools emunand right now, so don't get your hopes up for playing those just yet. Hopefully roxas can update rxTools to fix that, but I don't know if it's possible.

Thanks for your reply! I´ll try that later and post the result :lol:

---------------------------

EDIT (a bit late):
Worked great! I´ve done a few steps more (change the emunand region) and with the last RX version, i have SMB and MH4 working!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1