Question bout Linux and game design

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dabbered with RPG maker 2k3 in my early teens now I'm on Linux (Lubuntu 17.04 x64) and trying to find an open source Game engine for ubuntu based linux system I tried to dl gdeveloper from ppa aparently the ppa is for earlier ubuntu prior to 17.04 and i cannot find source code to compile it. also another question regarding steam ik about greenlight program for indie developers how much does it cost for a license to upload it on steam and the requirements?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam Greenlight is dead. The new program is Steam Direct, with a simple $100 fee, although it requires identity verification, a 30-day waiting period before you can publish, and at least two weeks of the store page for your product being up before your product can go live. You'd also need to know how to integrate Steam's API for achievements, etc.

As far as development tools... I have no idea what gdeveloper is; a link might be useful. Without knowing what kind of coding experience you have, I can't recommend much, although if you're comfortable with C#/.NET/XNA, MonoGame might be a good starting place. Fairly easily learned, fairly flexible; a lot of indie games have used it to great success. Being Mono-based, cross-platform compatibility is about as close to trivial as it can get, although still a bit more work than Java.

Last edited by FireEmblemGuy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...