Hacking Question about restoring nand and updating

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, before I started doing anything to my switch, I followed Canna's guide here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...ys-keys-txt-guide.513386/page-24#post-8409046 So I have a good, clean nand backup that is on 6.0.1.

Thats what I have been running (6.0.1) using SX OS. With SX now supporting 6.2.0, I decided to update my OFW last night. I turned off autoRCM (my console has NEVER been online with autorcm enabled), went online and did the system update through the switch settings menu. After it updated, I cleared the internet connection and put the system back in airplane mode. Booted into SX OS 2.4 and went to launch some of my games from the main home screen. It seems that now all of my games are telling me they need an update and it wants to download that update. Not sure what the issue is as this was not an issue before I updated to 6.2.0

So my questions are:

1. Should I not have done the OFW update online through the Nintendo servers? I dont really care about online as the only time I connect this switch to the internet is to update OFW. I'm assuming I shouldn't have updated this way and will end up banned in the future (I've never connected a Nintendo account or anything like that)

2. Any idea why everything I have installed seems to need an update now? I'm assuming I cant put the system online and let it update the games, but I also cant find all the update files for some of them.

3. If I just restore my nand using Canna's directions, will I cause any issues for myself? I've read a lot about burning fuses but I do not fully understand that

4. If I restore using Canna's method, could I then go online and update OFW to 6.2.0 and then follow Canna's instructions to make a new, clean nand backup, or is that not possible anymore because of going online to update the way I did.

Like I said, not really worried about online play or anything like that, but not sure if I screwed myself by going online to update like I did.

Thanks in advance.

ShinAbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not worried or care about online play update the games using the normal way and save yourself the headache of changing fw or restoring nand. i know i did :D

Reactions: CWaffles

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when you updated, you also updated the internal list of known games to have received updates.

you should not have connected online to update firmware, you should have used choidujournx and done it offline and also kept autorcm active (but you would've still gotten those update nags)

from what I'm reading, you definitely burnt your fuses. and you're likely going to be banned at some point, yes.

if you restore to 6.0 now, you will not be able to use sleep mode anymore, which is a huge hassle, so unless your system stops working, I wouldn't do that.
but if you ever feel the need to, backup your gamesaves with checkpoint before (maybe do a monthly backup in general)

that said, if your games want updates, all you gotta do is download and install those updates. if you've been using sx, you should know where to look.

as for a new clean backup, that wouldn't really be possible anymore now, mostly clean maybe, but not completely.
as, with fuses being burnt, you'd need to use cfw to even load your old 6.0 system. also, with you having connected to nintendo already, there's not too much reason to want a clean system anymore anyways.
at this point, what you want is a working system and if you dont care about online much anyways, just stay at 6.2, activate autorcm again, find your game updates and go on doing what you do

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: CWaffles

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks............I do not care about playing online at all. This is a secondary switch that I bought to mess around with. I just wasn't thinking about it when I put the system online last night to update. This is why I shouldn't mess with stuff like this late at night when I'm tired. :) It sounds like if I don't care about the online play part of things, I could just connect to my wireless and let the updates download that way.

I appreciate the answers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo